Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

nearly a prime short??

gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
over 202 and Im clubbing it
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Aah. The good old "what goes up must come down" school of thought vs not going against something in a strong trend. I wonder which is the more successful strategy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a close above R200 will send this one to new highs..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
haha rode her up, rode her down. I will wait for 204 before I short, she could forget to stop and end up in th 210s
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jack, which shares will be most affected (by going up or down) if the GDP shows we are in a recession or not?
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
this is a bit of a gdp play... and its hot in a topish market. Not a 'gravity' play. More of a short where the best strength is play
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
That is more for a formite that is into fundimentals, but I would think, car sales, civil companies are always the first in, so they would give the first indication of recession is easing, car sales would tell you there is spare money (I dont believe the housing nonsence stuff, cause is it 1 guy buying 100 houses or is it 1 guy buying 1 house)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Maybe. Same with OML the other day going over R9. Been bobbing under and over since.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where is it going? these are are all time highs, it wasn't even at these levels prior to the crash last year so how far can it go? It seems to be trading between 190 and 200 just like billiton 180 to 200
0 Kudos