Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

only 10% of us make money!!!

Not applicable
When you take advice from some of the more prolific posters and dispensors of advice here (and that used to include me) keep in mind that only 1 in ten makes money with most having lost small fortunes and continuing to lose money - useful self test - which part of the bell curve are u? ...http://www.daytrading-doc.com/riskprofile.htm
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
I'm probably in that awful(as opposed to awesome) 95%, but how are we doing with our 10k > 100k experiment? Seems to have gone very quiet.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
before SFM censors this let me add that what I mean is that is a statistic that is often cited and there has been some research done -that does not mean that 90% of SFM clients lose money...you can do the extrapolation....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes busy working on Website as the blog format is crap ...oops - not the most workable. Portfolio at R 16400....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Back to the money making issue. I've been trading shares "on and of" for the last 15 years and did make money. Confession time - I opened a warrant account with SFM late Dec 2006 and lost all 10 my fingers and 4 toes. (luckely I started with pocket change, but still) I just find it very fustrating to get going.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think people generally crow about their wins and keep quiet about their losses. That tends to give a false impression that making money here is a piece of cake. That is why I have not kept quiet about the fact that I lost a lot last year on a warrant frenzy. I hope it acts as a warning to others(like Victoria below).I am simply saying that you should be clued up on warrant trading before you go in to big and get your fingers burnt. By the way, welcome back, Chartist. A lot of forumites obviously gained a lot from your advice. I think you are needed again because I believe a lot of dubious advice is flying around (I think you know who I am referring to) and a lot of damage can be done between now and his next bankruptcy. A voice of reason is needed.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks Russ I am not back ... nor will I be till SFM respects mine and the rest of the fourm's judgement about what is useful information and which isnt. I hope you all realise the insult SFM has paid you by deciding for you what you may and may not read....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am sure I saw a post from chartist oh! yes that was before he must have insulted SFM AGAIN oh well! I know this wont be up for long now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist - you looking for somewhere to host your web site. I registered a domain name http://www.tradersplace.co.za/ and have installed forum software http://forum.tradersplace.co.za/. Haven't got round to any content yet. I was thinking of loading one of the content management systems like Joomla or WordPress for the main site....if you're interested contact me at [email protected].
0 Kudos