Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

quote of the day

john_1
Super Contributor
Dude in a land full of hot swedish chicks the great motivator is and always will be getting your end away...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Quinlan, me mother in law is from Sweden. Will that motivate you NOW.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If someone wants work there should be simple work available - planting sweet potatoes or whatever. How do we know how many would accept a simple job if no job is offered? If the blacks survived before we arrived on corn they grew etc why could they not do it now on a small piece of land?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
they could, but then somebody will have to give them the land and the house and the electricity and the car and the TV and the telephone and the microwave etc,etc( this is when technology comes and bites u on the but)
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
Why must they be given farms that they cannot run,can't they develop their own farms,that could create jobs for them and keep them off our necks.I don't think they are willing or capable.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Who says they can't shoot straight - they killed nine of their own with an anti-aircraft gun in the Freestate in 2007. These are highly trained individuals as you can imagine. Did you see how they leopard crawled over the Union building grounds when Police fired rubber bullets at them. Be afraid, be varrry afraid.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It might be due to the undeveloped limbic system in the brain of some people. It is the primary area of the brain that deals with stress. As a result of undeveloped limbic systems some people dont care where theyl sleep tonight because they dont stress about it!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I suppose then work is a hazard of life and Money is a necessary evil ! Trading???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But the evil money is required to sustain life??. It is truely a strange strange world we live in master jack
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
lol so true, so very true. In the end its all a game of catch22s.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There could be a public works program to build houses on land so others could use them as farmhouses. I think over-regulation with minimum wages has hurt many people. People could work for food and a small amount of extra money if things were not so regulated. If people are not occupied there could be trouble. Communal farms is also a possibility
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
no but it does explain why all the chicks I meet, who know you, keep rubbing my balls
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I picked up a black man in his best sunday suit today hitch hiking out of town...the man had walked to town looking for work,he and his family had not eaten since monday...the labour department had arrange a job but it was in stellenboch. his plan was to leave his home in retreat at 10pmm tonight so that he could be on time for work this after having walk all day already and not haven eaten since monday...You all know I am the first to take the piss but there are people who will do what it takes to feed their families but only if it means an honest days work...I was humbled
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well a interestingly enough I have a construction company and part of our contract is to maintain our SANDF base in Bloemfontein ... now the classic was the bust they did at one of the unit within the base to weeks back ... a syndicate running a brothel and giggle twig store at a building in one of the units ... news next day and not a word after that???
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, prostitution will soon be legalised and with the 2010 SWC around the corner, you have to be fully prepared...surely nothing less is expected from our well trained and highly disciplined soldiers? Why look for a trick in a sleazy part of town when you can visit your nearest army base...and enjoy true african hospitality in safe surroundings!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A thought that part of the SANDF ?? They all around there ... nothing new ... thinking about it could make a killing just by take some video clips
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Agree John we shouldn't tar all with the same brush, but majority rules. So at a ratio of about 1 to 18 it an uphill battle. Here most have 2 degrees and you meet fantastic people. But with zero intelligence and ambition, its like working with robots, they only do what you tell them. If they were taught to paint down and up they always paint down and up. Never experiment with left and right or using a larger brush. Had a problem with a painter (has a metallurgical degree but cant find work) trying to paint with thick paint (made a right cick up of the job) when I asked why he didn't increase the viscosity by adding thinners, he replied "nobody told me to do that, they said I must paint the handrails"
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
trust me, I know, I closed a factory because I simply could not put up with this kind of ***** one more day.... however have any of you considered the diffrence the african diet makes to their productivity..try eating millie pap for a week. I have done this experiment and you feel like ***** and you slow up and your brain stops working..now try it with rice and you are ok..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed with Pap experimant (keep you full for longer but that about ti - you feel sluggish and almos zobie like) but try convince the majority to switch to rice..... aint gonna happen unless goverment hikes prices on maize and drops on rice.... the unforntunate deciding factor is 99% price related to what you eat or dont at that level of poverty.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja in my days as an appie, I also did the mieliepap routine/ day 1 mieliepap & bakebeans/ day 2 mieliepap & chickenfeet/ day 3 mieliepap and polony/ day 4 mieliepap and liver/ day 5 chicken and chips. dont even ask what was for breakfast..
0 Kudos