Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

reverse head and shouders

saash
Super Contributor
I still don't see the head and shoulders. But is that a double bottom there?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Despite my best efforts huh! Dude there is about as much hope of me asking you for sex as there is of hell freezing over.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
esignal livecharts - Any of you using this service? Under which option can you get access to either the top40 index or the future as well as the FTSE indexes? I have the JSE option and this seems to inly give streaming charts for stocks and not the indexes?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
John... pip, just like tenbagger, is an acceptable term. My first love is currencies, so naturally I use the term 'pip' quite liberally...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
yup, I saw... after the fact... was in a blooming meeting right when it whipsawed. But to be honest Chartist? I don't think I would have had the guts for it. This market is so freakin scared it's like a cat in a tunble dryer. Other than my current short (from 26k) I'm just too wary of entering anything else at the moment. My TA is just not that good
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Timba, a scalp is more experience and psychology than anything else. It works on currencies if you're quick enough, but it can also scalp you. What you look for is market moving events like economic data releases, you look at your primary trend and most often your scalp will be in the opposite direction because of a pop 'n drop or other way round, then you lok if you're at a psuchologically significant level ie 1.4300 for EURUSD or USD1250 for Platinum etc. Now if the level breaks then the market usually rushes through it to at least the first fibo extension, pauses and swings right back, often to the first fibo beyond the mark before it continues the primary trend. The aim is to ride the whipsaw, but it hellova risky and I've lost as often as I've won. It takes a lot of experience to get this right and I'm nowhere near it
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
JohnnyCash I use eSignal and swear by it. You don't get SAFEX on it unfortunately but everything else is absolutely realtime. I have feeds for the DOW, CBOE futures, FTSE, DAX, and JSE. I will go check tomorrow and let you know which feeds to subscribe to and what cost. For SAFEX contracts you need something like dwt.co.za, they're excellent. You can also try IGmarkets.com
0 Kudos