Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

simmers

john_1
Super Contributor
I already do 5 years in, so he asked for advice so I gave him great advice. I know he won't listern but at least I have earned my Noddy badge for the day.... As for Simmers, why on gods green erath would you buy an SA Gold Miner. Go by 10k of Anglo's it is on Support right now.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
pdk baby, put 20k each into SOL, BIL and AGL. Take the remaining 40k and go to Paris or Berlin or Warsaw for a year. Drink black coffee, drink red wine, let an older women take you on as a lover. Write bad poetry, develop a passion for Sartre, don't shave. Wear a beret if you must. Stop going on about going to a school for elitist little pri*ks, give yourself a chance to be anything other than a civil engineer.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
And do all of the above after you have studied hard and get streight A's for matric.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Aha, here's the real modus operandi!! It was never really a Q of what to make with his money or whether SIM is good or BAD, He's already made his mind up that it'll be SIM but only needed the lemming concensus!! That's one of the 1st mistakes an amateur does.
It works as follows -
1. You decide on a share thats gonna make u rich! aka SIM
2. You ask the people around you (regardless of their expertise or knowledge) whether it is a good idea or not.
3. You WILL then ask until you find someone with tha same view as you, whether it takes asking 5, 10 or 50 people, and gladly accept their validation of what you already decided!
Its how the mind works, dont, that's not objective at all!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Exactly.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Pdk, to put what we are saying into perspective, Anglo'shas just had a R180 round trip in under 2 weeks thats a return ( on paper of 43% )no gearing. why on earth do you want to speculate on small cap *****!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ah! and yes, do everything possible to let an older woman take you as a lover.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hey Brazen, you're awakening the romantic in me.I think I'll take your advice.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
john, got to ask, having just read your advice to pdk. should one have a sizeable chunk of change with which to dispose of, would those type of shares be what one should look at? bluechip in general? agl look good for long term. and the construction groups? they're huge at the mo and should be for the next few years, at least. what seperates the banks from each other, cost aside?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Of course Russ, it's you who will be teaching some young French mlle the arts of l'amour. . .
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Wow, I hope my dad doesent read this, but I think I will take your advice, buy Anglo, get a rushian bride on the internet, get pissed for the next two weeks and not bother to write my last matric papers. lol
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Hey little brother, Dad's gonna whip your ass good!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bwabwahaha, now this gets interesting.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am also a Kearsney Old Boy - can your dad lend me some money to play with?
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the great start to a tough day. This one takes the post of the week!
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Hey Pdk, why are you not answering your phone? rgds Dad
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Are you saying buy,hold and pray????
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nah! if it breaks support bail, I did this morning, small Loss, but if you don't try you dont win.
0 Kudos