Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so the bear rolled

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
over already ?? hmmm ..
0 Kudos
96 REPLIES 96
PaulC
Super Contributor
I hope not. Perhaps the B wave in the A-B-C? Assuming you put and stock in elliot wave?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe maybe not
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Doubt it.

Goldman:
The Eur collapse continues and what has until now be an orderly and persistent move is threatening to become erratic and disorderly ; panic is starting to set in. Today we have the ecb press conference and the market will be focused on every word of Trichet's address. We have seen mainly buying interest this morning as people do the prudent thing and take some profit in case Trichet is able to pull a rabbit out of his hat. But I am at a loss to think what he can really deliver that will assuage the markets growing concerns. I think there is a real likelihood that the market will again be disappointed and the euro will accelerate lower once he stops talking. We may be entering a new more violent phase of the sell off with bigger whips in both directions but with more risk still to the downside. We are sticking with a core short position and will look to add quickly should Trichet offer nothing new or on a bounce back to 1.2860-70 (unless a genuine rabbit is forthcoming) and roll down our stop to 1.30. Technicians have important support at 1.2740 and a close below this level should open a test of last years 1.2457 low.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing to do with maybe/hope/doubt it .. market is green .. forget everything, tis about the price and right now the price is green and the bear has rolled .. later today, tomorrow, next decade .. who know's ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I am trading the price. After multi-percent losses, what we see today is hardly a bear rolling over. It's barely thinking about going positive. With all that is happening in the world, I can pretty safely say I doubt it has, as of today, rolled over. When the price goes up something totally insane like...maybe...0.8% or even a manic 1%, I'll consider it getting ready to roll over.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@ SIMON-These sentiments are echoed for the day trader and very often you make such statements. In this erratic climate what advise would you have for the mid to longer term trader?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The guy from Goldman admits to having "a core short position".Maybe what he meant to say earlier was not that "panic is starting to set in" but that "we hope like hell panic is starting to set in"!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Bear just catching its breath after a strong schlonging of the bulls. You're all still gonna die so don't give up on the bear as yet.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
turn off you computer and TV .. every so often check your portfolio and using your investment critera see if there is anything worth buying or selling ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
richardw .. how can you say you trade the price AND you say 'With all that is happening in the world' ?? it is either one or the other .. you either trade the price or you watch the TV ??
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just before the major downleg of the great depression, Europe was defaulting left right and centre. Gave rise to Nazi party and dicattors like Mussolini. Bwahahahahahahaha you all gonna die!!!!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
HG You do make me laugh! Its nice to know someone else is twisted in the head
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There's so many bargains currently popping up for the mid to long term investors. Major dips are shopping time, but don't ever buy on the way down, as tomorrow the same stock will be more discounted, wait for moving average crossovers back up.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Ignore the media at your own peril!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Watch my trades today. I've been going long and short at different times, (not with a huge amount of success today), but very much only focused on the price moves. However, I'm super-aware that later today there's an ECB meeting, which will likely move things very quickly. If around 2:30 there is a serious move, I'll trust that it's informed by the meeting.

Hey, I just halved my loss going short. 20 mins. Watching the price.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why ?? to what purpose .. realistically do they have your interests at heart, or their's ??
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
victor what index would you gauge the MA cross over on , the top40 or some other index, and what are youre MA figures that you would use. thanks
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos