Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ssfs

Not applicable
Hi,please can u tell me what the code is that u use to go long or short on the top 40 index via ssfs.Thanks
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
In the interests of your own safety these codes are not able to be accessed or traded from your account...
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I'm not surprised that people on this forum are interested in instruments and want to know how to trade them, but I'm amazed at how leveraged products are now being promoted in the general media. I heard an ad on radio for Nedbank's CFD products that was definately meant to appeal to the general public, not traders with any experience of these products or the market in general
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi there Tango, Did you see the JSE ad about being the worlds second biggest ssf market in the world.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
stxq is the top 40 proxy ssf.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
johnm 50c if you know the worlds largest futures market.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am going to guess and say germany, But I do now know what Buzz said when he stepped onto the moon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, germany the biggest warrant market in the world. Anybody else want the 50c?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chicargo Board of trade, Shenzing metals is third/ second and LME is right up there..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
goole said its euronext
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Eurex based in Frankfurt... Sh!t I must really want the 50C
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Chicargo = options. Biggest futures market = india.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Shoot the one time I actually use google and it lets me down.
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
At 15:45 stx40 up 0.39% and top40 up 0.05% - so how can stx40 ssf be a proxy for the top40 if it doesn't track closely enough ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yrg , good Q. Answer simple(ish). Firstly STX products have a small tracking error as they carry dividends that are only paid every quarter and as such then also have an ex-div date. Secondly what's the ruling price for the STX? Was it a 5pm price, a real M-T-M price? When was last STX40 tarde compared to last Topi updated price? Lastly it could be that the last trade today was a buyer crossing the spread.

But bottom line is thatSTX40 does perfectly track the Top40 (tracking error aside), overlay the charts and check it out.
0 Kudos