Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

that there gap up on the close?

scandal
Super Contributor
gap is on the asli futures... so if you are using DWT you will see it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
todays opening gap 21 717 / 21920 fut
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
whoh what just happened?????
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Nova..I hope you made a little loot off that.. Now me thinks we is gonna test 21570.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
shhheeeshh that was a swift move down.. am glad was on the right side.. made enough to pay for electricity this month ..
0 Kudos
LindsayB
New Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Geez that is a 700 point move so far...turn off a light or 2 if that is the size of your bill.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
gap on dow closed hehehe
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep. Exactly what i said yesterday on the dow. Anyway i missed out, was celebrating eid.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Whoowee John, that was a nice one! Well I'm the first to admid I had about as much foresight as anyone. I didn't know it would go that well for me. However, the 800 bounces were just too obvious and the 700 open and halfway close was a given. Also, yesterday both the DAX and FTSE were leading the Top40 beautifully. It was a lucky turkey shoot. I'm not complaining, gotta make back something for me mistakes. Now for today: I see 5 factoids: [1] LIBOR overnight rate is still far too high at almost 4% so no liquidity [2] Japan down almost 2% [3] The bailout is only halfway there, crucial vote still coming up [4] DOW futures down triple digits and CBOE VIX up 1% to 39.81. All these factoids spell one thing... volatility
0 Kudos