Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

under valued growth staock

nala
Super Contributor
which ones are they?for long term-5 years
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have a few that i think will do well, but you mention growth stocks, i will add some of the big guys in that i like as well, maybe not growth, but stable consistent long term businesses: SBK, MTN, GND, APN, MDC, WBO, PPC, WHL, thats a few. some offer good div's others not that high, but i think these are all quite good consistent performers and i expect them to do well, but not eratic like others i have seen before.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Maybe my selection is not vastly undervalued, but i think these companies offer value at current levels, some of them are a bit over my calculated acquisition line though.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
What about ARI PAM and HVL? I only have these at the moment.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am not very familiar with some of those stocks, I tend to like the non-resource shares a bit more. I try to find companies that are price-makers, commodity stocks are very reliant on the price of the underlying commodity, so this is why i am not too keen on them, however i have BIL and SOL (only commodity shares i have). So i cannot give a proper reply as i havent looked at these...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U are correct Werner,resource stocks such as Amplats at a US Dollar price of around 850 is fully priced....Now when the resource price climbs to US Dollar price around 2000 then it will be worth three times its present price.....As the chrome price has fallen by about two thirds ,Merafe likewise is around 80 cents fully priced!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Barry, like you say, when commodities start to move, it can make some good gains, just hope that the USD-ZAR plays with... I don't know what the results of a global recession will be on these prices though, will look and see.
0 Kudos