Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what a nice short

Not applicable
Just stop fighting about nothing and trade the alsi.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip .. 100 points in the bag already ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon at last something postive.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you traded the alsi short this morning? Interesting setup you have there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon. Gap this morning was only 100pts .....or am i mistaken. Shouldnt it be ignored then?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
It has always been much easier to make money by getting people to pay for your superior knowledge or supposed secret method. However, it is nonsense to believe such fountains of knowledge have any success of any significance. If they were really as good at making money as they claim, why would they try so desperately for contributions??? They try every trick in the book and then some. They even send messages to themselves to create an image out of thin air.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Guys, you are leaving me out in the cold for shortening the market. Not fair.
0 Kudos
Stifler
Contributor
oh my word - can someone please ban this FREDSED guy, he never has anything usefull to say.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Breaking 1337 (clearly)on the sp500 to the upside would negate my triangle count for a bigger wave 4.The remaning count then would be. (a)a expanded flat for the bigger wave 4.(prefered to (b). (b)That we already started wave 3 up in wave 5 up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
correct, but it wasn;t the gap .. it was an arb, futures had got ahead of equity and when equity opened futures needed to correct down ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Isnt that the case with gaps anyway....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gao is more relative to yesterday .. arb is when the futures gets ahead or behind the market .. this happens as futures opens 30 minutes earlier ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Remember 'Empty barrels make the most noise".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i see the gap of tuesday 12 th is not fully closed as yet.(29840+-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so stop feeding him ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is that ARB as in arbitrary, or is that some other useful acronym?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
surely not, arbitrage is something specific. CAn't see how you would arbitrage trade a futures market, unless you were capitalizing on the spread?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
arbitrage is a price mis match .. so with Top40 at a level, the ALSI futures has a fair value it should be at .. often at the 9am open the ALSI level is wrong .. you arb it ..
0 Kudos