Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what is a name?

Not applicable
Apart from the unfortunate name, this looks pretty good. Question for Threshold - I can't seem to revive a previous post. Do you have any idea why this share has such a paltry dividend, despite the cash they generate?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
striker
Super Contributor
- Very tightly held stock - the Sacco family I believe holds a majority. Held it for a while , until they slashed div. in 2010.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They completed an extensive CASH share buyback. These shares have been used to promote a BEE deal. They receive dividends from the underlying asset - ASSMANG. So they are at the mercy of these cash "parcels." ASSMANG has massive CAPEX in the pipeline: To complete phase 2 of their iron ore mine (extra 6 million tons.) To convert their CHROME furnaces to MANGANESE. To expand their MANGANESE mines. To pay toward their committments with TRANSNET and PORTS and contributions toward the RICHARDS BAY MANGANESE port expansions. BUT the dividens WILL flow in due course. IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys - how far back into the various prospectus (sp? prospecti (?)) do I have to read to get the full picture? Also, do they have the cash for the expansion yet - or are we looking at capital raising exercises in the near term?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Derry Limited...french? eh eh eh
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My wife says this is a buy. Any company with such a rediculous name is a sure fire winner. Glad I listened to her
0 Kudos