Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

whats looking nice

Not applicable
SAB and BAW looking bullish....mtn triggered a buy
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
Hallo Chart Do you run some scans for prospective buys, and if so, what indicator parameters do you use? I like the positive turn on MTN RSI and the MD seems to be heading the right way too. BAW still owes me money on a pension sceme I belonged to in the early 90's! Its a pricipal thing. Stupid, but at least I have a thing! Please inform me of any shorts on BAW - LOL. Cheers!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What do you think of OML at the moment?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OML seems to be turning but has a way to go before its a buy...in general the life insurers seem to be turning the tide....there may a be return to them as appetite for risk decreases
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
i would agree. I am waiting for a break out from the symmetrical triangle around 2490 level. out of interest Bukolwski's study (he observed over 700 stocks over a period of 10 years) indicates a a symmetrical triange breaking up had a 25% performance improvement against the S&P500, with only a 15% chance of not reaching the 10%gain line and 28% gaining more than 50%. 80% reach price target and 51% experience a throwback. while Bukolwski's work is probably subjective to some extent and covered a strong bull period in US, it makes for a fascinating info and a rare "probabilistic" look at chart formations, as these are difficult to prove statistically. working through a great book called Technical Analysis by Kirkpatrick and Dahlquist (2006). not a very original title, but a solid book cover much of the spectrum of TA in a thorough manner.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Is that the original title of the Book
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja ! and both MTN and SAB had a gap up.. witch is new support
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Full title: Technical Analysis - The Complete Resource For Financial Market Technicians. Check out other general post, covers some more of his statistical measures of formations.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Glad to hear bout SAB,was beginning to wonder if not time to get out.i've found your forecasts very accurate,thanks.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Chartist, what do you think of AGL?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
barry coming from an experienced investor like you thats means a lot...i prefer to think of it as identifying potential opportunities....the actual decision is made by you...its more about generating ideas than predicting....a good idea now can be a [email protected] idea in a few hours....it depends what you do with it....
0 Kudos