Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

why the hammering?

Not applicable
They just announce a 100% price increase for next year, yet they are plummeting - significantly? Most other resources see the price of their commodities come down, yet they bounce? Any ideas what is going on here?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
the only logical explanation bru...honestly.........they actually mine gold!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaaptjop, could you please supply one example of a miner that has bounced recently?
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Unfortunately even though KIO is doing really well it has to follow the market trend, this share and ARI are two SOLID resource companies that are really really cheap at the moment and I don't see their prices dropping as fast as what they have been.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Timato Bounce maybe the wrong choice of words, splattered would be better - or at least for yesterday. My point being that Anglo and BHP retrace 5% (only to lose it again this morning) on a wing and a prayer, yet Kumba drops 10% in the same session, on the back of what appears to be good news
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone seen or heard any statement from Kumba on this matter? It's as if they can watch it lose nearly half its value and say nothing to shareholders. Don;t these guys have PR?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
author303, we don;t want the opmpany commenting or worrying about the share price. They shoudl worry about the business and the market will look after the share price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They are gradually coming up now.
0 Kudos