Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

why

mr_asset
Not applicable
why is the share doing this - is it related to the other comodities and the exchange rate?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
sponono
Super Contributor
Looks like it has hit support and starting to look good again. The market fell off today but this one did not. Good sign to enter.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ask the long term boys ??? they know ...hehe
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GND will take time to recover. I still like them, they have an excellent management team, cash reserves and solid business strategy, but time is required and only the patient will be rewarded... The ecomony needs to turn first, shipping needs to pick up then their profits will come in again, stronger ZAR also not that much in favour for them, so maybe thats why the recent drop...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GND is not a share you can trade. You either understand that - it is a company that is well placed to "do its own thing" irrespective of whether the market likes it or not OR you try to explain why the market doesn't like it & end up convincing yourself that its a "wait & see" share. In the meanwhile those of us who believe in high dividend yielding, sound financial fundamentals, top class management & understand that shipping is a long term cyclical business - are making money (capital growth & good dividends). Its your call. IMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cept dividends expected to fall over next 2 years ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
With reespect Simon,the forecasters for some reason don't like Grinrod and are always giving the same message,even when the dividends were increasing!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure .. but in this case I think they are right .. forgetting strong Rand, they have few contracst left in force, massive global over capacity and very weak demand .. none of these issues are likely to be solved in the next 2 or 3 years ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Put that way,make me think ,u are correct!
0 Kudos