Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good results

barry_1
Super Contributor
I posted an update on property on my blog....EMI is one of the five shares we hold.
4 REPLIES 4
geordie1
Super Contributor
agree very decent set of results>capital growth over last year has also been impressive-only concern seems to be a few directors selling .I prefer to see them buying but often this is not a major negative indicator.going to hold and happy to be in this game
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
directors are ultimately always net sellers and it is hardly ever negative
geordie1
Super Contributor
tend to agree Simon.I got caught re African Bank and I did not c directors selling and in fact they were taking on more shares as far as I recall and I got burnt along with many others.
warhippo
Super Contributor
Directors buying and selling remains an ongoing conversation point with investors. Apparently differs from country to country as well. (In US it is jail time for insider trading and in other countries more difficult to prove ha,ha) A nice read re a JSE study was a dissertation for his MBA "Director dealings as an investment indicator" http://repository.up.ac.za/bitstream/handle/2263/23226/dissertation.pdf?sequence=1