Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Home Affairs Standard Bank Canal Walk Booking

Solved
MissRed
Fana,

Please read carefully:

Standard Bank Canal Walk is showing no appointments, no matter which available dats I choose.

My friend gets the same error.

Please explain why we cannot get appointments?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @MissRed.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly note that ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page to get more information at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents.

For any issues with bookings, you're welcome to contact the Home Affairs Call Centre at 0800 60 11 90 for further assistance.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team

CraigF
Occasional Visitor

Good Day

This thread unfortunately is NOT SOLVED. Pointing clients to DHA and shifting the focus of the frustration is not the solution. If you offer a service, then communicate clearly when said service is experiencing challenges or is 'broken'. This ability to finish your ID card application at a Standard Bank branch is obviously a better experience for YOUR bank clients instead of queuing at a DHA office. We trust that your advertising and promoting this offering means that it is sorted and at least functional. If this is not the case, as I have said before, please say so. 

STACEYJU
New Contributor

Good Day,

I too am experiencing the same issue, Canal walk branch shows "no time slots available", it does not allow you to go beyond 30 days, so how do we check for dates?

If this has been an issue for so long, why is this service still being offered.

I have done my payments via My bills and now not able to make online bookings.

Nastasiaserasmu
Occasional Visitor
The issue is with the Canal Walk branch.
If I try another branch it gives available slots.
If I try Canal Walk (the only branch available in the Western Cape ) there are never available slots no matter how early I check.

Can we just go into the branch to make a booking there? Since we cannot call the branch?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Nastasiaserasmu.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Please take aware that the home affairs website is where applications for ID and passports are processed.

You must visit one of our partnering branches for biometrics and collecting after we have handled the payment process.

Please refer to http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents to learn more about home affairs.

You are invited to call the Home Affairs Call Centre at 0800 60 11 90 if you are having any problems with your reservations for more information.

I hope this clarifies your query.

Regards
Fana.

Team from Standard Bank

Brad7

This problem is far from resolved.  From reading all the previous replies I understand that the fault is not on the bank's side but with Home Affairs as they handle the booking procedure.  However, since Standard Bank is offering the service people will hold the bank responsible and lose their patience with the bank which is exactly what is happening, I am.  If you offer a service even if you are not responsible for it and that service is not working then it is in YOUR best interest to put pressure on the provider who is responsible for it.  It would be nice to see the bank actually help its clients out by resolving this on their behalf instead of just putting their hands up and saying not our problem and then taking our money with monthly fees.

AliciaKapisha

Hey, I'm unsure if you've resolved your issue. Try logging on at 5-6am, you should get bookings for the next month opening up.

Gustav2

Exactly the same for me. And Home Affairs phone at Canal Walk rings unanswered all the time.

Any feedback and assistance Standard Bank?

RobynDee
New Contributor

Hi Carey,

I had a similar issue and solved it.

What you want to do is check the Home Affairs site first thing in the morning. I checked mine around 6am and found bookings for the next available date.

My assumption is that the date range is fully booked and you have to be the first to catch the next day opening which the website makes available each morning.

Hope that helps.

RobynDee
New Contributor
Hi Carey,

I had a similar issue and solved it.

What you want to do is check the Home Affairs site first thing in the morning. I checked mine around 6am and found bookings for the next available date.

My assumption is that the date range is fully booked and you have to be the first to catch the next day opening which the website makes available each morning.

Hope that helps.
Zeda1
Occasional Contributor
still cant get an appointment on the system for canal walk - payment was done and accepted - also cannot now go back and change the branch or place of receiving passport
Zeda1
Occasional Contributor
the solution is no solution at all
Zeda1
Occasional Contributor
Zeda1
Occasional Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Zeda1.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the Home Affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za,

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Here's how:

• Click ontransact.
  • Under Pay, click My Bills.
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check 2–4 weeks in advance for available dates.

Kindly follow the steps we shared and let us know if you are still unable to complete the application process.

Kind regards,
Standard Bank Team

siyabongaG

Hi, does Canal Walk Standard Bank take walk-ins for Biometrics?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Hi SiyabongaG.

Kindly note that no walk-ins are allowed.

You need to place a booking on the website.

Any booking issues are to be taken up with Canal Walk directly.

We hope this information helps.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
Vanessa78
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

I am trying to renew my sons' passports via the Canal Walk Standard bank. I have tried over 30 times on various days, but there are no available time slots. Is there another way to book?

I have paid my R600 per child.

thank you

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Vanessa78.

Thank you for getting in contact.

Please be aware that any booking concerns must be addressed with the Canal Walk branch for assistance with available dates.

Please let us know if you were able to secure a booking date.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team