Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

I followed SB's instructions to open a child's account and it opened it in my name instead

6 REPLIES 6
jordanp
New Contributor

Hi Fana,

I emailed the address you gave me 12 days ago and I have not received so much as an auto reply.

You responded to say that you'd be in touch on Monday. I even posted my email address in a public forum to help speed the process and nothing has happened. I will be writing a HelloPeter review of this interaction in order to tell the public to find any other bank. 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Hi Jordanp.

Thank you for your details.

We will be in touch.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
jordanp
New Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, Jordanp.

Thank you for alerting me.

Please confirm your email address so we are able to fast-track it for you and assist further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
jordanp
New Contributor

Hello, Fana. Thanks for your response. I sent an extensive report more than two days ago to the address you supplied and I have received no reply.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @jordanp.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We'd like to have a look into this.

Please email us at [email protected] with a screenshot of the message you are getting on your end so we can assist further.

We are looking forward to your email.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

jordanp
New Contributor

I followed the instructions given on the page "PureSave Account for your child" thinking that it would help me get a PureSave account for my child. Instead it just populated the contract with my details, with marketing agreements for which it gave me no opt-out, never asked about any child of mine, and considered the contract signed.

How do I get the "for my child" part done?