Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
neesh8

Reversing an EFT

Is it possible to reverse an EFT that was made to an airline that has been grounded and refuses to refund me the money that I paid for the flight?
Go to the solution >
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES
Highlighted
Solution
Community Coordinator

Re: Reversing an EFT

Hi Neesh8,

You can reverse debit orders for up to 40 days. However if the merchant as already claimed the money it could be problematic, please contact 0860123000 for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank

0 Kudos
Dineo
Solution

Can I reverse an EFT transfer at any Standard bank branch or I have to go to the branch where I am registered?

0 Kudos
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Dineo,

You can make any transactions at any Standard Bank branch.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

0 Kudos
swanless22

Card reversal time

Good morning 

I had a refund processed back to me on the 9th of June and have yet to recieve the money back into my account, I was advised by the company (Runwaysale) that, depending on my bank's card reversal time it could take from 3-10 working days. 

I was just curious as to how long your card reversal time is and when I should call and query if they have in fact processed the refund transaction. 

Thanks very much 

Sarah 

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Re: Card reversal time

Hi,

Please contact our help desk on 0860 123 000, for assistance on this matter.

0 Kudos
antheaaparker

Good day

I've send an email on Tuesday to standard bank regarding a reversal of 3 debit orders which is thousands of Rands no response received as yet. Send it to help desk with all personal information as well as card no can a debit order be reversed by sending an email? How long does it normally take?
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi, reversal of debit orders take up to 40 days, you can call our help desk to query the state of your reversal on 0860 123 000.

0 Kudos
torigardner09
Occasional Visitor

Good morning

I would like to know if it would be possible to reverse a payment made on 28 October? I suspect that the company I paid have done a runner with the money. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi Torigardner09,

You can reverse payments of up to 40 days if the merchant hasn't cashed the money.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

0 Kudos
thabangwilliamm

I'd love to reverse a debit of R1881,00
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal.

0 Kudos
giancarlodaroch
Visitor

I just made an eft to one of my beneficiaries. Please can you reverse this asap. It was an amount of R400. This is urgent. Thank you
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal.

0 Kudos
Luhlangas

S 212964125
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Luhlangas,

Please tell me more regarding the provided number. I would like to intervene and assist in resolving your query.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
kwanele26

Hi 

an insurance company has been debiting my account after i had canceled the policy back in 2014.do i go to the bank to reverse those transactions?

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @kwanele26,

The best way to resolve this is to make contact with your insurance broker and confirm if the policy was cancelled as requested previously. You can launch an investigation with them on your cancellation back-dating to 2014. To reverse from our site we can only reverse for this current month, please visit your nearest branch for this reversal or contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Let me should you still require further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
DZZ

I made a payment into a wrong account which I am not sure is in existance any longer - how do I get that money refunded back into my account.  It was made into a standard bank account

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @DZZ,

I can imagine your frustration on this, please forward us your account details, ID number, contact details, as well as the details of the account of which the deposit was made into so that we can be able to investigate if the funds are still available, provided that the receiver hasn't withdrawn or spent them. If so, we'll be able to assist with reversing them back into your account. Please forward the requested details to [email protected] with the subject line "Reversing an EFT - Community Query" so that we may be able to identify your query.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos