Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

Solved
FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Good day @Lgrove.

We value your time spent interacting with us.

To reverse an EAP transaction, follow the steps outlined below:

Fee R310
It's not a given.
The turnaround time is 10 business days.

Please send the form to [email protected] so that our staff can help you further.

If you elect to reverse the funds, the link below will take you to a dispute form that you may use to reverse monies.

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile...

We hope you find the information presented above beneficial.

Regards

Fana.

Lgrove
New Contributor
Reverse R500 that was sent to Faatimah Theron today.
Lgrove
New Contributor
R500 that was incorrectly sent to Faatimah Theron today.
SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Mapholaa,

We appreciate you for getting back to us.

This sounds very concerning since you did not authorize payment. Please urgently log a fraud case and stop any cards if any cards need to be stopped? If not, please call our fraud team  0800 020 600 so they can urgently look into the matter.

Regards

Silindile

Standard Bank Team

Mapholaa
New Contributor
Hi Silindile

Maybe i did not explain correctly its not eft it was an online payment where the person had called and even asked for my card details hrnce i say i did not even have their account number claiming that they are calling on behalf of Vox and inded i owe Vox so i tbought maybe its the third party acting on behalf of Voxfor the repayment and the amountbis almost R3000
I hope i cleared it now.

Regards

Mpho Rakgoale
SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Mapholaa,

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly note that you can only reverse a debit order of less than R500 and not a debi-check debit order.
How to reverse recent debit orders for amounts less than R500:
To begin, go to your home screen and select Manage.
• Choose Manage Debit Orders.
• select a reverse debit order.
• select the account from which the money was debited (keep in mind that debit order reversals can only be made from a current or savings account).
• Select the debit order you want to reverse.
• Select a reason why you want to reverse the debit order.
To cancel a debit order, you must contact the party you have the signed contract agreement with, as only they can cancel the debit order, not your bank. It’s then up to you to ensure that the instructions are carried out.

Please let me know if this resolves your query.

Regards

Silindile

Mapholaa
New Contributor
Good evening

My name is Mpho and i need assistance with reversing an online payment made on the 25th of April, but i have a challenge because it seems like it was like a debit order and i dont even have an account number of the payment that was done.

Can you kindly send me the forms and the further instrruction of how to go about reversing this payment

Regards

Mpho
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day Tshepang.

We appreciate you taking some time to engage with us.

See the information below to reverse an EAP transaction:

• Fee R310
  • It’s not guaranteed.
  • There is a 10-business-day turnaround.

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

If you decide to reverse the money, the link below will redirect you to download a dispute form so you can use it to reverse funds.

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile...

We hope the information provided above is useful.

Regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Tshephang
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @nicolehall.

Thank you for providing your email address.

Please be aware that the form and accompanying instructions have been delivered to you.

Please attest that you got it.

best wishes

Fana.

Standard Bank team

nicolehall
New Contributor

Please email me the SOD form on [email protected]

nicolehall
New Contributor

I have made payment to an online business that has closed down but is still taking payments. How do I retrieve that money?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ThandoTom.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Outstanding card authorizations take 10 working days to be reversed back into your account.

You will not receive any SMS to confirm any reversals, and your account will auto-correct itself.

If 10 days elapse and there are no funds, you will need to fill out a SOD (dispute form) to reverse the funds.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

ThandoTom
I paid on an online shopping website and the program reset and cancelled my payment now my money isn’t returned in bank account
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Kenan4lf.

We appreciate you sharing your email address.

Please take note that the form has been forwarded to you along with additional instructions.

Please certify that you received it.

best regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Kenan4lf

My email is [email protected], I have also made this mistake and need to do a reversal as soon as I can. Could you send me the form too

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Vjoshua.

Thank you for sharing your email address.

Kindly note that the form has been sent to you with further instructions to follow.

Please confirm if you have received it.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Vjoshua
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @NkuleZ.

Please share your email address so we can share the form with you.

Regards

Fana.

NkuleZ
New Contributor
Kindly send me the form to fill in order to emreverse