Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Unable to activate account payments. Message shows 'cannot operate on this account' (1234)

12 REPLIES 12
mac3329
Occasional Contributor

15 April 2024 As requested I emailed my FICA documents to SBSA and was advised these would be forwarded to the local branch.  I have followed up with three emails. To date I have had no response.   As I have said previously, I am unable to go into the branch.   I urgently need to have my account unfrozen as my bills are now long overdue.   I have been with Standard Bank SA for over 50 FIFTY! years and have never had any issues in the past.   This is extremely urgent now.  Please motivate a response.   Thank you

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

I had a call yesterday from the call centre which indicated that my problem would be escalated.   I have since followed with yet another email.   It is extremely urgent that some solution can be found as I have accounts to pay that are now overdue!   Please please please 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @mac3329.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This requires our attention, and we would like to investigate it.

Please email us your personal information to [email protected] for further assistance.

We look forward to your email.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

This is extremely urgent as I have accounts to pay and I'm unable to access my bank account.  As said earlier, I am currently in the UK caring for my elderly mother and unable to leave at this time.   Thank you

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

Please give me the Standard Bank email address so that I may email direct.   I do not want to put out my email address and contact number on a public page.  Thank you 

Jennifer MacKenzie

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Thank you for coming back to us.

Please share your email address and contact number.

We will get our team to reach out and assist further.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.   However, as I said, I'm in the UK and unable to call the  help centre in SA.   I have a UK cell phone while I'm here and my SA cellphone is not on roaming.    I need assistance urgently to pay my bills.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @mac3329.

Thank you for alerting us.

Kindly note that the number 0860 123 000, options 3 and 3, is available 24 hours a day, and our team can assist.

You can share your email as well, so we can quickly track your email and assist further.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

Email response indicates that I can log on and get a Call Back option but it doesn't allow me to enter my UK cellphone number.  My other option is to phone on Monday to the call centre.  I'd like to know if there is an option for me to email any details required to be able to release the blockage on my account.   Very urgently required now as I have outstanding bills in South Africa. Thanks

FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Hi.

Thank you for coming back to us.

We will be in touch and assist further through email.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
mac3329
Occasional Contributor

Good day,  Thanks for your reply.   I have now emailed the address as indicated.   This is very urgent as I have bills to pay and as I said I am currently in the UK caring for my elderly mother  and may not be able to return to South Africa for some months.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @mac3329.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This requires our attention, and we would like to investigate it.

Please email us your personal information to [email protected] for further assistance.

We look forward to your email.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mac3329
Occasional Contributor

Future dated payment.   Email received indicating payment did not go through.  Reason CANNOT OPERATE ON THIS ACCOUNT

I can log on and see my account balances but I'm unable to transact.   

I tried the App but message showed unable to operate 

I am currently in the UK so unable to go into a bank branch.

Please advise urgently