Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

HOME LOAN SWITCH

1 REPLY 1
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day Elsjene.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

You need to get your recent home loan account statement and visit the financial institution you intend to acquire the bond with.

The financial institution will liaise with us during the transition, and the financial institution will be in touch with you.

You can get up to 100% of the property’s value.

Registering a bond for a higher amount means you can borrow extra later without registering a second bond.

To move your bond to us, you’ll need to go through the usual home loan application process.

You can apply on your own, as a trust or business, or make a joint application with your spouse or partner.
  • APPLY ONLINE
  • Please call us back.
  • Call us on 0860 500 000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the week.
  • Or speak to us at your nearest branch.
You need to give your current bank 90 days’ notice that you intend to cancel your bond with them.

We’ll be in touch to confirm your home loan and personalised interest rate, giving you a chance to cancel your current bond before coming in to sign your new home loan contract.

Cancelling an existing bond may cancel your insurance with the same bank. But you still need building insurance for the duration of your new home loan.

We can get you quotes online for building, home contents, and home loan insurance.

This is our process when you want to move your home loan to us.

We hope the information provided was helpful.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
Elsjene

Good day,

Please advise on the steps I would need to follow or how I should give you notice when switching my home loan from Standard Bank to another bank?

Regards