Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

OTP Issue

1 REPLY 1
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Erlank..

Thank you for reaching out.

We have a new feature that allows you to switch your OTP from SMS to email.

It requires you to be DigiMe'd to be able to switch it.

Under settings on Internet banking, there's an option "Manage OTP preference".

It allows you to toggle between SMS, and email.

Should the email not be on any of your banking profiles, our team will not be able to assist.

Please send us the below documents to enable us to assist you further.

- Front and back of your card.

-3 specimen signatures

-Copy of ID and Passport.

-Letter confirming the email address you need to change the OTP's to and card number you use on internet banking.

Upon receipt of all correspondence, our team will assist you effectively.

Forward them to [email protected] for immediate assistance.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Erlank
Good Day

Trust all is well;

I`be been battling with a problem for over 2 years now and no one can assist. If this could be sorted before I travel overseas in January I would be forever grateful.

My email on my Standard Banking APP is [email protected] and I've requested various times
(physically going into branches and signing for it) for my OTP to be changed from SMS to e-mail and it still has not been done.

When I purchase something online and opt for the OTP to be sent via
email I get a notification confirming that the OTP is being sent to a HOTMAIL email address which is not linked to my account at all, I'm unsure as to whether
Standard Bank has a hotmail email address noted for me and if this can be removed and the correct one noted?

I will really appreciate any help as I've phoned in, I've gone into branches and no one can assist. I get a form to sign confirming that my OTP has been changed to email ([email protected]) and when I want to process a payment, I am unable.

Any help will be greatly appreciated*

Kindest regards,

Larisa