Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Scan qr code

43 REPLIES 43
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, KMETZER.

We want to assist.

How would you like us to help you, if you could tell us?

We eagerly anticipate your reply.

Sincerely,

Team Standard Bank
KMETZER
Occasional Visitor

How do I scan a QR code on the mobile app

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Morata2000.

We want to assist.

How would you like us to help you, if you could tell us?

We eagerly anticipate your reply.

Sincerely,

Team Standard Bank

Morata2000
Occasional Visitor
sithembiso2
This is a halftruth.
Whilst it may offer that option of a password, it still loops back to qr code.

Std bank really is the pits
Ashley15
i do alot of online shoping on my phone and they asking me to scan a qr code with my mobile app for payment.but when i open the app there is no option for me to scan anything or upload anything
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @jack6.

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

We want to look into this occurrence, please send us an email at [email protected] with the subject "APP login | QR code." so that we can look into this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

jack6

All I want to do is change my address. I was advised to use the QR signing method and update details would be available.

However, all I can change is my email & password.

How do I change the mailing address online? I am outside South Africa, so going into a brnch is not an option.

Kevin16

This has to by the worst onboarding experience I have ever had on a digital banking platform. Need to scan QR codes with a phone while logging in with that very same phone. Randomly the session will disconnect due to inactivity but its been a few seconds. Need to download 2 seperate apps for business banking or personal banking. The prompts dont tell you exactly what app to be using it just says "Business App", no link to the verified correct standard bank app. 

Signups require ID documents which have been submitted along with everything else while opening the account. I get double OTP sms's everytime I try login and now the Business banking app errors with Confirm Identity on sign-ins. If I try navigate to the Business Banking section on your website more then once it downloads a BusinessOnlineRS.jnlp file 

Thokozile_M
Community Coordinator

Hi @ChrisCharles,

This sounds like a profile issue. Have you completed the DigiMe process on your mobile App to secure your device? 

• Sign into your Standard Bank App
  • Click on “More” at the bottom right-hand corner
  • Click on the “Profile” icon at the top
  • Click "Link and secure your profile" (DigiME)
  • Click on the "Home" or "Work" button
  • Capture your SA ID number
  • Take a picture of your ID document
  • Capture a picture of yourself using your front camera

If the DigiMe process is completed and you are still getting the same error, please do get in touch with us on our email [email protected], reach out to us via Twitter on StandardBankZA, Facebook on Standard Bank - South Africa or call us on 0860 123 000 option 1 then 6 for further assistance. 

ChrisCharles
New Contributor
No it doesn't. I prefer to do my banking via a web browser on my desktop. But I’m presented again with scanning a QR code which directs me to a 404 page "Resource not responsive" on my iPhone’s Safari app. It doesn’t work! And there is no option to sign in with a password without bypassing the QR fault. Whilst I understand the need for security features, this one is frustrating and simply doesn’t work.
Please fix it!
Eric_McIntyre
Occasional Visitor

Hi SilindileMbo

You say that there is the option to login with password. However, when I select password I still have to scan the QR code. This is extremelty frustrating, I have damaged my phones camera and I cannot properly scan the code. Please can you urgnetly assist. 

Thanks 

Eric

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Elga,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Kindly note that our internet banking does offer the option for you to sign in using your password. Once you are on the landing page for internet banking, please scroll down and you should be able to view that option.

We hope this helps you.

Best regards

Silindile 

Elga
New Contributor

With all due respect your response makes ZERO sense!  I want to login on my laptop, you now DEMAND  a QR and I have to open my app on my phone, WHY? Where do I find the QR Scan on the banking app? 

I do NOT  want to effect any payments by way of my banking app on my phone, now you are not allowing me to sign on.

Get real.

I do not want a copy and paste message I expect an proper response to my concerns.

@FanaM1 wrote:

Good day, @Afrique.

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

Currently, Online banking logins require a QR code.

You can launch the app, click to scan a QR code, input your app code, use a fingerprint scan, or use facial recognition to access internet banking without having to enter your password.

To enable us to help, kindly let us know what kind of support you require.

Reards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Shempel27,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kindly note to scan a QR code using your bank app, you do not need to sign in. You are only required to sign in to create a QR code to recquest a payment. If you are enountering any issues, please send us an email to: [email protected] with the subject line "QR code | Community review"

Regards,

Silindile.

Standard Bank Team.

Shempel27
Eventhough its on the front of the app when you click on it it still wants you to sign in, than bye bye scanner you cannot get to it
Ph2
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @GabySch.

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

It sounds like a frustrating experience, for sure.

Calling us at +27 10 249 0423 and selecting option 2 for self-service is an alternative and safer way to obtain your card pin.

Regarding your mobile application. Please let us know what problems you are having with it.

Before you may utilize a QR code to retrieve your ATM pin, you must first have access to your mobile app.

We are anticipating hearing from you.

Regrads,

Fana

Team Standard Bank

DLB
Occasional Visitor
I have an iPhone and an iPad - on neither can I see a Scan QR button on the standardbank app. Why allow people to transact on Internet Banking on the INTERNET if you are going to make them open the app anyway to perform transactions? Which rocket scientist thought this one up?
GabySch

Hi, I received my new credit card in April. Didn't read the instructions about scanning the QR code to get the PIN. My bad! I desperately need my PIN which seems to be problematic. I live on Zanzibar and will only travel to South Africa in July. I now scanned the QR code for the bankIng app but it always comes up with an error message. Does the QR code expire?

My banking app annoyingly stopped working when I entered my local number. I uninstalled it and installed it again, but it won't work. How can the previous details on the banking app be erased that I can use the QR code (in case it hasn't expired). How can this be solved, pretty please.

Thank you, Gaby