Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A Horrible Truth...

GdM
Frequent Contributor
Looking back at my trades for the tax year 2007 (from my tax certificate), I notice I made money on 75% of my equity trades, and lost money on about 75% of my warrant trades... Somehow I think I need to take a lesson out of this. Anyone have a similar experience?
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Preston
Super Contributor
hi there GdM I was actually working out the cumulative profit and loss of all share transcation i performed after the 2007 tax return. I have incurred a substantial loss on EXXARO shares.I bought at such an unrealistic price and sold at such a ridiculous price, because the holding cost was becoming extremely expensive.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lost on most of my warrant trades but made it all back with one big trade. didnt make anything off a lot of short term trade but made very healthy returns off all shares held for longer than 2 weeks... this year however everything hasgone my way and Im fearing my next tax certificates...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Received a mail that my tax certificate is ready - it is not.
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Things have gone well for 2007, but only because I have stayed away from exotics. I feel your pain Preston - I also took a massive bath with Exxaro.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Made 45% return on my investment in 2007 - I only trade equities.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
It seems my equities trading outstrips the ssf account.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Anybody want to hear Brazens lecture about buying quality shares and holding them for 5 years.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I would now like to introduce you to Brazen please save all question till the end of the presentation...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er, ahem, good afternoon. Buy GFI when you think it has bottomed. Oops, that's my other lecture. The trading tip I insert into my venereal disease lecture for the brides. And yes, all you smarta$$es, I know I said insert.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
amigo....I can't get ppt presentation (not the Plunge Protection Team)to load....it starts with a Love Truck hubcap & a orange furri dashboard....then it freezes...do I have to wait 5 years?? Please help!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I want to know how John conjured up a brazen so quickly? Can you do that with a case (or barrel) or Warrick Trilogy?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If understand you correctly you insert GFI shares into the brides to give them diseases..
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
It is more like sudden death !
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Could that over-eager attendee with a large goat on his lap please wait until the presentation is over before asking questions.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Sorry ma'am....Millie continue with lapdance....little bit to the left OK.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
yes But I know you cant cos I am still waiting for mine ( stop loss babby)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I owe you wine? Surely not, I never put good red at risk by betting with it!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bet nothin. you offered, and dont worry now that you in a smoke stack keep it, you going to need it more the me.
0 Kudos