Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dropping to much

doomsdayza
Super Contributor
head and shoulders forming on the intraday. long way down to the neckline.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
On the brink......dame the neckline is a long way down.....would it bounce tomorrow morning?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, been out for the day. John, MRF was not a financial services company when I last checked, but sure anything can happen I suppose Simon, fair comment - I assume you refer to the resource prices..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zoon, not really. Thing is we look at past price history and assume that the share can do that again. Check out the DDT chart.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, i agree that at the 400c levels it was overpriced. I also agree that most charts point towards MRF going negative, but I still think at 168 it well priced.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see what you mean on previous high prices, but what happened to DDT's earnings post Y2K, or rather post 2001?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wasn't so much the earnings, more the over hyped price. Check UUU.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
On the all important 190 level again. Matt are you still out there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im still here! Just listening to what everyone is saying!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Did you go long drd after exiting mrf?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, down abit on DRD And Bought some MRF at 170c this morning
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Think this one is going to go bouncy for a while. In the longer run theres problably a sustained run in the offing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If it goes lower than 190c again do you think its a buy level?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Im thinking to nibble at the share at lower levels and on confirmation of a new trend. With this massive run today it should fall back a bit. Theres a lot of people that went long at 190's and a lot which shorted under 190. Today the Short are covering and a lot of the longs will problably get out of Dodge. Should be a while before we see direction.
0 Kudos