Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GO Simmers GO!

bull
Contributor
Gold is starting the turn upward so we should be in for some good results towards close on friday?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Bull im on the same bus as you bro...If this doesnt take off soon im going to have to start selling the shirt off my back. We llokign 780 before month end i hope!!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I gave up on Simmers yesterday. I have been watching the other gold miners going up, and Simmers has been heading south. If you sold Simmers two weeks ago ,and switched to AGL you would be smiling now. On top of that, AGL pay a dividend
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Funny you mention that I sold at 721 on the 6-7 and bought ANG at 28375 after holding SIM for quite a while & having that slow sink feeling. But in the end I stuck to my sell line & took a best price for the day. But you still wonder if the pig will bounce once you drop it. To my relief it just fell further ( SORRY TO THOSE HOLDING )
0 Kudos
JMC
Occasional Contributor
Been holding SIM since Nov 04. Went in very big, coz I have full trust in their CEO (he has done it before at Western Areas and has an excellent track record in Gold Mining) Glad I did not sell, as it is great to have that MILIONAIRE FEELING!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Congratulations!
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Is that the same CEO who sold 1.6 Mill Simmers shares @ 730c recently ???
0 Kudos
JMC
Occasional Contributor
Yes - just shows how clever he is....
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
JMC, your last two posts do not add up, unless you are declaring that you are a stupid millionare.
0 Kudos
JMC
Occasional Contributor
Rather be a stupid millionaire, than a clever pauper! Stupid is anyway just a perception created by ignorant individuals.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
stupid statement is written by you in black and white for all to see, no perception needed by anyone be they ignorant or not
0 Kudos
JMC
Occasional Contributor
My point exactly. Enough of the mud for now, I am really a nice person (LoL). I do honestly believe there is a lot of value locked in this share, despite the sell-off by the CEO. We can only guess as to what his motives were, but knowing him the way I do, there will be a very good reason to it. We sit and make money trading/investing, whilst he has to do the hard miles on the so-called rockface to ensure he creates shareholder value.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Gees bro , it Friday. By now ,your brain activity start to slow down , you picture yourself with your mates, drinking a few beer. eating some biltong and just chilling. To both of your guys, "Have a great weekend" Over and out!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Nice one Trigger !. I was tempted to point out the obvious mistake as well, but I took Preston's advice and went to see my mate Jack Daniels instead. Good luck for next week. Maybe we will all be "ignorant millionaires".
0 Kudos