Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold!

barry_1
Super Contributor
Gold!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
niemand
Contributor
Yah, and why is this moving up so strongly? What has changed here? Anyone know?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A gold run seems to be a psychic connection between gold bulls in which an inaudible "now!" moment gets exclaimed in unison, and which turns out to be wrong 9 times out of ten. -Hey, I must reuse that quote in future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also, how do you get in? GFI's first trade was 10% higher than Friday's close, so you will only have picked up a 4% move today. And how far will it go? From the charts, GFI seems to stabilize at around 7000 when gold trades around the $800 mark.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The other problem is that every single gold bull has been in the market for months...so who exactly is going to buy the market..
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Lol got to love that I sold my GFI on Fri for 62.50, at a profit mind you, but still.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, more people who's starting to have their doubts about US of A Inc Pty Ltd. And no, most gold bulls are not in permanently, as those ones would be biltong-ified gold bulls, the surviving ones know when to get on the hype train.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dude! not even the who's who of the gravy train are interested in Gold train..that should tell you something!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U don't have to be a bull to make use of the opportunity to make some moola!....Since its high in March 2008 it has fallen some 29%....On last Friday the gold price was $742,it is now in the region of $784...Now if it breaks above $800 it will compare well with every other metal....All other metals are on the skids at the moment,with no end in sight....There is a rumour that China will increase its gold reserves seven fold....Okay almost every ounce of gold ever produced is still around!...It seems to me ,people are getting nervous about paper currencies,plus reserve banks throughout the world are topping up their reserves at the moment,a stupid move according to some of our panellists!....As long as it runs i'll enjoy the action and sell out as soon as it stops going up....I havw CALL warrants in GFI,HAR,ANG.....By the way i still hold my TOP PUT as i think the rest of the market will tank for a while longer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The current price of Gold in Rand terms (GLD)is the same as it was in March at Gold's high point...one of the few things that hasn't lost it's value in the last six months
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A gold bull run is such an easy way to turn some short-term profit John. Yes the main trend remains down, but the hype in those forceful upswings make for easy money. But then long-term investors like yourself aren't interested in this, eh? :)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dude the longest investment I have made in a year is about 36 hours..I just chose to use the ALSI because that will go up and will go down..I don't have to rely on crack pot gold bugs for my profits..there enough idiots in the market as it is..just as chartist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exit Vitorc stage left.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL that was meant to read...just ASK chartist
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
do the words 'Freudian' and 'slip' mean anything to you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When does the alarm sound for GFI? Is it not overbought at this stage?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I believe it sounded in about 2003 but no gold bugs were care.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sounds Painful when you say it like that..Please use it in a sentence.
0 Kudos