Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Isn't it funny how ...

Not applicable
when you mention the JSE surveillance department to the call centre you immediately get a response to your query as to the R25 charge for a copy of a contract note that hasn't been provided to you in the first place ...
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
greg, we never send out contract notes. we merely advise clients via email that they are on the website and we only keep current month + most recent 3 moths on the website.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon - I know what SBOST's approach is - my issue is that the charge of R25 for a contract note that is older than 3 months is not only unfair (the first time I was made aware of such a charge was when I asked for the note!), but also probably against the rules of the JSE - my understanding is that SBOST are obliged to provide contract notes, and I really don't think that telling clients that the contract not is available on the website amounts to providing them. I have had a word with the JSE and they agree with me. Surely (a) contract notes should be freely available for AT LEAST the previous year, and (b) if they aren't going to be freely available after a certain period, SBOST should advise its clients that there will be a charge for them after that period and how much that charge will be? This is only fair.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
greg, well we disagree then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I really believe that all I'm asking for is a very basic level of transparency and service ... anyone else on the forum agree with me?
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
MEETING OF JOURNALISTS REGARDING THIS BRING YOUR OWN WINE WHITES ONLY ?????
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
What if the journalists prefer red wine?
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
then they cannot come
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
OST should provide the full years contract notes in a zip format on request at no extra charge, considering they are charging us for a price streamer that is non funtional at critical points during the day. maybe we should get a refund for every month price streamer is faulty since it started?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree totally with Greg S
0 Kudos
Not applicable
greg ost is here to make money only, their responses as can be gauged by simon as well is one of sitting on a high chair and should you be more insistent look at the fine print, i guess the only realm that they operate on a service level that is up to standard is the speed at which they charge your account and the slowness of crediting you should you find fault. sadly that is the state of business in s a, best be a shareholder buy your one sbk and then approach them as a shareholder
0 Kudos