Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Its my last resource share that i held.....

barry_1
Super Contributor
....just sold as no chart can prepare one for its sudden drop....there is nothing basically wrong with them,great SENS good future....Do remember its six months to their final so i''ll buy again about two months before that event.THE REASON I SOLD is that to be in any share that has anything to do with resources now is a no,no ,as all the majors are declining,seems no end in sight.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Tanx But what price do you think it will drop to and at what price will you buy in again?
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
So beyond this downturn, I disagree look at the dollar strenght there is going to be huge pressure on the rand especially with a chance of a decrease in interest rates in SA so rand hedges should not be ignored at this time so I have made sure at this time I have some exposure to rand hedges
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm way less experienced than you, and in no position to give advice, but anyway, here goes... Are you sure that you didn't give in to that nasty demon called fear? It appears that you bypassed your system (I gather this from the "no chart" part), which is an indication that emotion has become involved?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
First of al i've no idea a what level it will become a buy again....Second i did not entirely ignore the charts of the Standard Bank....Click on charts and u will see that the share price has fallen back and not crossed either the 28 or 60 day moving average and is trending downwards....yes common sense tells that i should panic if i don't take notice of the ALERT facility....Interestingly the OBV shows that there more people that want to buy than sell.As this share is the most popular for beginners,i can only presume,the reason is inexperience.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Barry I don't agree with you. I trade MRF all all the time and all shares give fair warning 90+% of the time when to get out its whether you WANT to see it. You are applying fundimentalist logic to your TA it doesn't work I've tried it.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
It may not work for you venice, but it does seem to help me.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
may i ask what are those warnings venice?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos