Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Longer Term

Not applicable
Hi All I am from more of a mathematical quants background but I am looking for some longer term analysis of BFS. Those CA(SA)'s out there, what are your thoughts on this companies longer terms projections. Good Bus model, prospects of stellar growth, cash generation etc?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Harathke
Regular Contributor
The fact that so many companies are coming out pushing low-income credit growth means that this sector's margins are going to start thinning and the growth rate overall will go up, but go down for each firm individually. The fundamentals are very good and the management are excellent, but the industry is coming under greater and greater governmental influence due to credit acts and the forcing of the bigger banks and insurance agencies to take on the lower income market's debt needs. This also spreads the industry's growth thinnner. To answer you specifically, I don't know. But, Blue would definately not count as a value investment. Maybe a growth play, but those are always more risky.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Much appreciated!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Hi Mer. If you are looking at a company trading in the microfinance space, consider Afdawn. Recent results indicate high growth with the new Credit Act likely to benefit their consumer education business. Also priced much more reasonably relative to projected growth rate. Forward PE below 10.
0 Kudos