Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price Streamer!!

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Anybody else having problem accessing PS? Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I am once again reminded of the amateur nature of this platform. I have never gone without a month of no problems. SBK will often tell me that the bandwidth problem is not theirs, but some of their 3rd party hosting providers. Since being trading with SBK have they for once taken responsibility for connectivity or related problems. Always passing the buck to someone else. I will maintain my (own)perception that this trading platform is an armature attempt to compete in in such a dynamic trading environment. I just cannot see it otherwise.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
i am fine. but a couple weeks back couldnt log in, and it was apparently just my account which they then sorted out (phoned helpdesk).
it seems to me that price streamer is not a SBK product but StockCentral product called QuoteStudioFX. SBK piggybacks off them (i.e. probably passes our cost less SBK commission (of course) onto StockCentral). check out www.stockcentral.co.za.
I agree, the product is not mature and realiable enough yet. is pretty nice for intraday monitoring though (when it does work).
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Someone just plugged it in. Working!!!! my, my...
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Kripto, I agree. Price Streamer is a low level plug-in solution that only provide SBK with a entry into a very competitive environment. The product is a weak example of functionality and stability. I wish they would invest in a more up-scaled solution. I am even prepared to pay more - P.S. (as it is deployed currently) should be a free bundled product (voetstoots) - not a product worth subscribing to with the constraints as we see it...A P.S.-type product should be embedded in the main site...probably will happen later.
0 Kudos