Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBK Halts Trading?

Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, in term of Basel Requirement , this deal can at an extremely good time..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, in term of Basel Requirement , this deal came at an extremely good time..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simon delay response.. I was responding to TZ about the why the price is not 136. your expanation of 2 part deal make sense. Preston, I totally believe the SA banks are undervalued.
0 Kudos
Skouperd
New Contributor
Cash Inflow: Sorry guys, the way I understand this, and please correct me, is that there will be very little cash inflow into South Africa. SBSA want to apply to keep all the "cash" outside of SA. and I quote from the sense announcement: "It is the intention of Standard Bank Group to apply to the South African Reserve Bank for some or all of the proceeds of the primary capital raising to be retained offshore. It is also to be noted that approximately a quarter of Standard Bank Group's ordinary shareholders reside outside of South Africa and are expected to receive their proceeds from the Scheme directly." So Preston, I am not sure I agree with your comment that it is ALL roses. The market price currently experience, and I will leave this for the mathematical inclined, looks like it is the combination of factors between % foreign shareholding, % SA shoreholding, and the price China pays per share. Anyevent, my opinion is that we should have bought before today's trading started / and or before the Halt Trading period. Views / comments?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
What is the defination of "primary capital raising"
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
TZ...mmmmm.. internal mail.How come i did not know about it?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
new money from issuing new shares
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
And where the proceeds from EXISTING SHARE are going to....?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
to share holders, they will force you to sell the 11.1% of your holding at 136
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, i do not mind sell all my shares at R136.00
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Exactly! why does the board give the 11% away at a discount if the Chinese want 20% let them pay 136 for the whole lot. But typical SA companies giving away the family silver..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
John , Nothing is given for free. Alway some catch.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So true John, Barklays must be smiling after the ABSA deal, 2 years down the line and the share price is already over 50% above the price they paid...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I would appose the deal if I were a share holder, anybody who is still holding after the banking crisis is a long term holder, these banks make 30% a year ROE I don't see the were the premium is for the share holder.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
John, the premium is in the finer detail that you and I do not see.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Like about to expire worthless share opptions for example...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
John, just because you are a good man. i will sell you my share at a R10 discount, i will sell it you at R126.00
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
I think it's very likely for SBK to trade back to 11300 as people start to realise there's a 10% dilution. Then from there it could go to the moon. At any rate I'm going to stay out of this one for now.
0 Kudos
Hein_1
Occasional Contributor
Does this make any sens 11.1% of 136 + 104.58 = 119.67
0 Kudos
Stij
Contributor
More like (11.1% of 136)+(8.9% of 104.56)+(80% of 110.99) = 113.19
0 Kudos