Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So ... Facebook Plan for IPO at 100 B

Highlighted
Not applicable
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Not applicable
Oops ... sorry for adding that under RDF !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I think the investment bankers with their fees and current share holders are going to make an inceadable fortune and based on hipe I am sure the share price will rise to some ungodly PE and some shmuck in time will lean some hard lessons about the stock market
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
no think it would collapse. look at Mail.ru and Groupon. problem is I fail to understand how Facebook generates its revenue its not like everytime I log onto my fb page I have to pay some money.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
While I agree that Facebook will likely be overpriced - you cannot compare it to rubbish like Groupon and - to a lesser extent - Mail RU. Facebook is a fascinating an MAJOR asset with vast potential. Rather look at Google for a comparative asset.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
they make money from ads, as google does .. but I not sure they a fantastic asset, remember myspace ?? I know this time it is sdifferent, but it never is .. at $100bn it values every user at over $100, that is a whack lot of adverts I gotta click on, anybody every clicked on an ad in FB ??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
They also charge a rental on games and other links. I was talking to my 24 year old son and his girlfriend and they said they and their friends are bored with Facebook and have 'moved on.' Must admit I found it boring but just use it to play scrabble. I only remove adds. Never view them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
You can never be sure (especially with an IT company.) They are an internet within an internet - many of their users never leave their facebook subnet (or nearly so.) Nobody can search within their space. Nobody can advertise within their space - UNLESS they allow it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Regarding the price - I am sure it is way too high! I struggle to appreciate the idea of pricing an asset so that the earnings "will grow into it." Seems a bit of an "***** about face" way of doing things.
0 Kudos