Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Which Gold stock?

barry_1
Super Contributor
ONLY MY OPINION but if the shorts are allowed back into the market today and ordinary shares TANK big time,then those that find it difficult to trade PUT warrants are likely to turn to gold ,physical and mines as a store of wealth of last resort!....it is usually thought that only crackpots think there is a conspiricy against gold,to keep it from climbing too high in times of crisis....How ever a news letter i receive from MININGmx states that is now thought to be some manipulation to keep gold in check from American banks and the reservwe ,so as not to put the Fed under further pressure,till the bill go through the Senate and Congress.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've always despised the "loose" way the word conspiracy has come to mean. Basically its a "program" word in society that labels anyone who thinks out the box as a nut. A sort of elitelist self policing for us lemmings.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
hi Dinen,too true,yes we all have been conditioned to the point where we all are scared that we might be smeared with the title crack pot!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
expect a very volatile ride,over the next couple of days,if u can't take the strain ,then better ti sell!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Must admit that the more time gold spends meandering at current levels, the more worried I'm getting. Why is'nt it leap frogging usd1000 during the worst crises since the great depression and Bernanke's hyperinflationary bailout plan???? There is only one possibility....maybe it smells deflation, which if comes to pass despite Boneheads helicoptors....means we are all phukked! OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've a theory (probably dud). Since the weekend, the Euro has weakened from about $1.48 to under $1.40, due to bank bailout spending in Europe. This Euro weakness might be making the dollar seem artificially strong, which in turn keeps the gold price in check. My theory is that when the Euro stops weakening, that gold will head up again. I'm actually taking it as a good sign that gold as moved across while the Euro has sagged.
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Short term gold run is effected considering US financial bailouts etc. there isnt lots of money in the markets, everyone is waiting to see what happens... patience is needed dinen... just when you think gold's not going to run, it will!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeh Guys, I agree.....but the markets generally have everything priced in way in advance and what the market is saying now is that deflation is coming and with it cash will be king....which explains the recent flight to the worlds reserve currency. Why else would dollar index be above 80 (this morning) when congress is about to half it's intrinsic value later on this evening. Anywayz I hope I'm wrong as I am balls to wall invested in gold!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
none they are all rotten right now! the best of the bad lot is a anglogold be careful be sure you got a handle on risk before buying anything in commodities why not try buying into installment is a cheaper way into the market & u get all dividends
0 Kudos