Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

dow crashes ??

Not applicable
MORE PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT, check it out, it never ends and seldom are you ever on the 'preferred' end of the stick,.. Notice how small all those amounts are,. peanuts, throw the parrots peanuts boys,.. lol, couldn't get better entertainment anywhere else i say,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err,. and PG /P&G is err, where on the list!?!? Pity the boys at OST can't get out their longs before a day at the beach,. can't you put a word in for them squealer? cmon, one for the boys,. they all thought they were part of the seelect few,.. man,. hurts to be an outie, even when you've paid such club fees all this time,..
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
OK, so 60% was calculated very scientifically ???????
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Yeah, I'd be cross if a trade went through at 57% below, because of some chop's finger trouble.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's actually tragic how easily led people are,.. This is really phenomenal to be a part of,.. You guys with serious cash,.. think long and hard about the events of last night/today,.. That's how quick these banksters will snatch your hard earned living,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From a link off that page Simon posted,.. "Sorkin does point out that Buffett, with a $5 billion investment in Goldman, has a mother of a conflict of interest (as does Sorkin himself, in writing this article, having been Buffett's guest). But Sorkin's sleight of hand is to say, "Cynics might regard Mr. Buffett's statements as predictably self-serving." In other words, if you do regard it this way, you're demoted-you're a cynic rather than a successful person. But his larger point is clear: Regardless of Buffett's conflict, because he is the most successful man in America his logic is of a much higher order than less successful people (like the SEC or prosecutors), or even Sorkin himself, who, like other business reporters, has been distancing himself from Goldman Sachs."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hahahaha,.. thanks for that,.. brilliant,.. ooh,. i can smell the blood,.. on yer blocks bois,.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
This is the stats from my TD Ameritrade account: PG Volume: 28,565,725; PG Average Volume: 14,806,456 - Its not billions though. i think that story isnt true. In a statement late Thursday, the CME threw cold water on that rumor, saying trading by Citigroup in its stock index futures markets "does not appear to be irregular or unusual in light of market activity today."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
was awaiting your vote of realism Werner,. Nice one,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A single person sitting on the other side of the world messes up and we get knocked out. That sucks!! And I thought there was a regulator to monitor this type of nonsence. I petition that due to this not being a valid pull back in the market, we that got knocked out, should get our money back. It wasn't fair trading.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am sure there wasnt such a single trade, otherwise it didnt go through on PG - I think the problem was electronic system failure - not sure how, why, when, i think that is being investigated though.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I read that the value of the trade was 16bn pounds (and/or dollars), not shares. Obviously not all of it might have been met - the intention was to trade that and maybe they cancelled it. Assuming this is the issue. It's not really relevant to us - just good reminder that these things can happen, irrespective of what caused it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
story coming uut was that it was accenture (graph confirms that) and it was currency not quantity ..
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
The graph show that the price of ACN dropped from +- 40 usd to one cent, and I see that none of these trades are being reversed according to your list of this morning.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, that explains it, i didnt look at that. thanks. I agree its not relevant to us and i think the market would have dropped in anycase, this mess up just helped it, but if it was a problem it shouldnt have sustained effects. it just sucks that it happened!
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
OK because it's not listed on NASDAQ
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
28m shares still adds only up to only 1.6b traded value
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wow, what a diverse read and comments. Seems many factors or fat fingers and what seems to be mostly bad reporting seem to be more the root of the confusion than the actual what went wrong. Eisshh I am not sure if I am happy with the shorts but I got out early this morning anyway just in case ;-)
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if high-frequency algo trading occurs on the JSE?
0 Kudos