Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

hennie and other gap traders

Not applicable
please could you inform me if the gap formed on 21st/24th NOV 2008 on ANG, GFI and HAR still have to be filled, and another thing is when exactly do u know when to short or buy a gap depanding on how far up or down it goes, eg is ANG on 24th NOV 2008, if someone saw the gap but anticipated a close and shorted but yet it ran up 30% and still hasnt closed the gap, his prob closed out now.. so how do u know when situations like these occur? Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DR_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI has 2 down ... first one is 20 jan then only 24 Nov to close, but the one that has closed is 23 jan and holding so far which is also in the ambush zone and weekly over sold so I think that it might hold ... we bouncing off the 50%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well i play them as support and resistance so would wait for close and have a buy in on the close of that gap
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if the gap had to close i well be buy on that gap 24 nov ANG
0 Kudos
Not applicable
okay then lets see ANG, leaving out GFI, so u saying as it closes the gap, it'l move in the opposite direction, eg, if ANG closes gap at R295, it'l most probably move higher?
0 Kudos