Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

unbundling stocks

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh an Allan Gray owns 30.8%.
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
Any thoughts on TBS?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mib, I used to own it but then decided BAW better suited what I was looking for. That said good co, and they unbundle from time to time. Next may be their nmedical co, lotsa good stuff come from them.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Simon i see u did not include AGL,some call it boring,however they might return capital at the interim.As far as i'm concerned their share price does not fully discount this fact.The Mondi sale still has to go through.They are not likely to sell further gold holdings till they can seperate the uranium division.They claim that will keep Tarmac,but i believe this is an ill fitting division.Time that De Beers was re-listed but we might have to wait for that event?
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
Can you participate in unbundling by buying installments?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, you can get the unbundled by holding instalments.

Barry, AGL - hmmm, ya kinda like the elephant in the room. I know what turned me away from them initially was that they went the opposite way with debeers. But highveld, tnt, mondi, etc. Question is maybe if the unbundled sizes are important when compared to size of AGL. What I mean, they unbundle something but as a % of share price it is tiny?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Saw a fascinating comment on moneyweb re the JCI debacle - that three Allan Gray staffers had HUGE pozzies in JCI in their own names. I do hope that they make the correct call for their clients, and can afford to disregard their own best outcome???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If there is one global sector ripe for some restucturing it is the paper industry, mondi and sappi included and if you want land.. between the two they own most of SA.. well almost.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i see now that your choices are better,anyways that how we gain from this site,make u think doesn't it?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Simon - what about Tiger Brands? They off-loaded Spar some time back and are now selling off Dairybelle.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
All of the miners have got varying degrees of non-core mineral rights/mines which they could sell off - witness the current craze for selling your uranium assets if you are a gold company (Aflease/Simmers). Goldfields Harmony and Anglogold could do the same.... JCI has lots of variety and is sure to be unbundled when unsuspended... Anglos, Bhp are shedding non core coal (Exxaro)... MTX is a real hotch potch and could shed lots of smaller mines if it decides that it's being valued as a copper player only...
0 Kudos