Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Short term prospects

AJ_
Contributor
I bought @ R136.00 on Wednesday 21 Jan. Share down almost 10% over last 4 trading days. Do I hold or sell and cut my losses?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Watch gold moves...Gold will have a major impact on it in the short term. And the US fed meeting on wednesday will impact USD and Gold
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hold on a few more days you will break even.. Top up on dips... Lots of uncertainty in the market. The JSE is sitting a few percent away from all time high.. Lots of stocks are very expensive..APN, NPN etc.. I am thinking we will have a pullback soon..Furthermore the US needs to devalue the dollar abit, it has gained massively against euro so that would also bode well for gold price..Just my opinion..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hold on a few more days you will break even.. Top up on dips... Lots of uncertainty in the market. The JSE is sitting a few percent away from all time high.. Lots of stocks are very expensive..APN, NPN etc.. I am thinking we will have a pullback soon..Furthermore the US needs to devalue the dollar abit, it has gained massively against euro so that would also bode well for gold price..Just my opinion..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theres also a trading statement out tomorrow, so if it exceeds market expectations we could see a move and the opposite is also a possibility.
0 Kudos
Cedric_1
Contributor
Difficult call. Charts are showing a slight pullback on Gold and possibility of weakening of Rand. On basis of that i sold SGL a few days back and it is now 14% higher!
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Gap up this morning, stick with it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
powergirl
New Contributor
The chances of ANG going up any further in the immediate future is unlikely with all the talk of interest rate hikes in the US...
0 Kudos
powergirl
New Contributor
The chances of ANG going up any further in the immediate future is unlikely with all the talk of interest rate hikes in the US...
0 Kudos
vv
New Contributor
Now that US hasn't changed the interest rates, what's your take? Is this share ever going to recover over the next 9 months?
0 Kudos