Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

SIM activation

Solved
23 REPLIES 23
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Lucky21.

Sim activations can be done on our website, over the phone or by emailing the team.

To activate using the website; you may follow the below steps:

visit us at: https://mobile.standardbank.co.za/?intcmp=coza-sitewide-headernav-shop-mobile

1. Enter your sim number (You will find your standard bank sim number on the back of your sim card) 
  2. Entre your ID number
  3. Tick the terms and conditions box 

To connect to the sim team; please email us on email [email protected] or Dial 135 from your Standard Bank SIM, alternatively Dial 0801 212 577 or 031 819 5321 from your mobile or landline. 

Kindly ensure that you have adequate data and a strong network connection in order to be able to activate your SIM. If not, please get in touch with our team at the email address or contact number shared above for assistance.

Please let us know if you managed to activate your sim card.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Lucky21
Occasional Visitor
My sim does not want to activate
ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
I have send the email. Thx
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ArinaG.

There seems to be an issue with receiving some of our customers' emails.

Please forward your email to [email protected] for immediate assistance.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
Did ypu receive my email and when will I receive feedback please? Thx
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Sinthumule.

Sim activations can be done on our website, over the phone, or by emailing the team.

To activate using the website, you may follow the below steps:

Visit us at: https://mobile.standardbank.co.za/?intcmp=coza-sitewide-headernav-shop-mobile

1. Enter your SIM number (you will find your standard bank SIM number on the back of your SIM card).
  2. Enter your ID number.
  3. Tick the "Terms and Conditions" box.

To connect to the SIM team, please email us at [email protected] or dial 135 from your Standard Bank SIM; alternatively, dial 0801 212 577 or 031 819 5321 from your mobile or landline.

Kindly ensure that you have adequate data and a strong network connection in order to be able to activate your SIM. If not, please get in touch with our team at the email address or contact number shared above for assistance.

Please let us know if you were successful in activating your SIM card.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Sinthumule
ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ArinaG.

Please confirm your email address so we can fast-track it and assist further.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
Good day,

Thank you, I have just send the email.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ArinaG.

Apologies for the typo; the email address was missing a word, and the correct one is [email protected].

We appreciate you coming back to us, and please let us know once you have sent your email.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
Good day, I did tried to send an email to [email protected] but I got a reply that this email addreas does not exist.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ArinaG.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We truly apologise for the level of service received thus far.

Please send us an email at [email protected] with your ID number and contact information so that we can investigate what caused this delay.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

ArinaG
Occasional Contributor
Good day, I have send several emails and got no response yet. When I phone the nr's provided, they say they can't help me, I must register online. If I try to register online, I just get a message that I must try again later.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ArinaG.

Sim activations can be done on our website, over the phone or by emailing the team.

visit us at: https://mobile.standardbank.co.za/?intcmp=coza-sitewide-headernav-shop-mobile

1. Enter your sim number (You will find your standard bank sim number on the back of your sim card) 
  2. Entre your ID number

To connect to the sim team; please email us on email [email protected] or Dial 135 from your Standard Bank SIM, alternatively Dial 0801 212 577 or 031 819 5321 from your mobile or landline. 

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

ArinaG
Occasional Contributor

I want to activate my sim cart online, but I receive the following error:THIS SIM COULD NOT BE ACTIVATED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Please assist.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Reginald04.

2. Entre your ID number

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Reginald04
I'm having trouble reactivating my sim
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Lettanawa.

Please check the messages below, I have shared steps on how to go about activating your sim card.

Kindly let me know if these solutions help.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Lettanawa
I want to activate standard bank Sim