Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I revese a fraudulent credit card transaction

4 REPLIES 4
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @CCViljoen.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once the transaction has been done, you need to fill out a dispute form and forward it to our charge-backs team for assistance.

We will require your email address so we can share the chargeback form with you.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our at 0800 222 050 to report any fraudulent activity.

We hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

CCViljoen

Several debits on my credit card without my permission. How do I stop this and request chargeback?

[email protected]

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @allen18.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once the transaction has been done, you need to fill out a dispute form and forward it to our charge-backs team for assistance.

We will require your email address so we can share the chargeback form with you.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our at 0800 222 050 to report any fraudulent activity.

We hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

allen18
i would also like to know. luckily before i did i transferred money to a temporary card for the amount purchased online, and it took more than what it said it would. if i used my actual card idk what would have happened. then i deleted that card details and made a new one. did you buy the new balance from a ig Advertisement?
Seema27
New Contributor
I purchased a product on a website only to find out that the website is a scam. They make you think you are purchasing a product from them when instead they subscribe you to various other websites where monthly subscriptions are then taken off your credit card. I need this transaction reversed. How do I do that?