Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
tanya247verne

Hi there 

I have the same issue. I cannot even cancel the application and retry and change the bank to use another branch. This is very frustrating. Can you please cancel my application so I can try again with another bank. 

I am reachable on [email protected] 

Thank you 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @KurtW.

We completely comprehend how annoying this may be.

With the help of our stakeholders, we discussed the problem and are still trying to find a solution.

Please check to see if that is the only Home Affairs branch in the area. Have you checked with nearby branches to see whether the dates are open?

Your suggestions are valued.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Dylanvb11

Hello

Does the branch/home affairs in the bank do the biometrics & pictures etc? I've applied and paid online - so my money has been taken - well done on facilitating on taking my money. Where does the service come in? When will the bookings system work?

You are now associated with the service so it is a refletion on the Bank too. A lot of people here looking for help and answers.

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fana

When you select for Standard Bank Home Affairs in "Simmonds Str JHB", it gives you timeslots but I live in KZN and need to make the applciation and pick it up in KZN not fly to JHB to do the application and collection; surely this has to be resolved, I have seen posts longer than 5 weeks.

Question: - Does Standard Bank Kingsmead still offer a Home Affairs?

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fana

Any feedback on resolving this issue as it has been 5 weeks now for me and my son needs his ID for school, this is really pathetic and even trying to book with BAPS Home Affairs there are issues. Is there no way of going to Home Affairs at Standard Bank Kingsmead as I am sure with all these online issues they are not busy.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @KurtW.

We totally understand how frustrating this must be.

The alternative way is to visit your nearest Home Affairs website and request direct assistance.

We do not have an ETA regarding this, as the issue is currently sitting with Home Affairs. We can assure you that they are aware of it.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fana

Thank you for the feedback but based on your reply there is definetly a system issue because even with the instructions provided to you it is not possible.

Do you have an ETA on when this will get resolved as my son has to get his ID and am sure everyone else is in despreation to get their documents sorted.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning to all.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing problems making reservations and Home Affairs.

The stakeholders have received your comments in order to take urgent action.

Please keep sharing your stories with me as I am compiling them and distributing them to our leaders to alert them to the possibility of a systemic problem. Bookings are still not available despite our best efforts to follow the instructions they supplied with us.

We sincerely appreciate your patience.

best regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fana

Do you guys actually resolve issues or just have a text book response of saying sorry; have a look at all the comments on this site because we are unable to make appointments with Standard Bank Kingsmead Home Affairs; I tried again today and have been doing so every day for weeks and still the same issue, no bookings available even when changing the end date to 31-12-2023, calling Home Affairs, changing browsers etc etc etc.

Suggestion - Make sure this service actually works and maybe change the process where you get a booking first then take payment instead of the other way around; because this so called service available between Standard Bank and Home Affairs is useless. I am intrigued, the Home Affairs workers at Standard Bank Kingsmead; if no one is able to make bookings are they on holiday with no visitors?

Sal2
Occasional Contributor

Dear Fana,

I have been trying to book and appoint with standard bank kingsmead for 5 weeks now and have not been successful. same applies when trying to book with any home affairs branches in Kwa Zulu Natal.

Sal2
Occasional Contributor

hi,

I have not visited Home affairs or Standard Bank Kingsmead as yet. Have been hearing from others that it they were not processed when walking in without an appointment. I have made numerous calls to numerous Home Affairs branches in Ethekwini as far as Tongaat in the North and Scottsburgh in the South, non of the calls were answered. No reponse from any office managers on their landline and cell, same with calling the contact numbers for the Ethekwini District Manager of Operations. BABS booking system does not work. On calling the HA headoffice, I was told to keep trying. This is extremely frustrating.

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

I already have and they are no help, they just say keep trying or there is a network issue; there is a problem with making a booking and needs to be sorted out between Standard Bank and Home Affairs because what is the use of offering this service?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @KurtW.

We're sorry to hear about that.

The only alternative is to get in touch with Home Affairs directly and request assistance from their team.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Same thing this morning when selecting dates from 2023-02-16 to 2023-12-31, "No time slots available. Please make another selection." There is defintely a problem and do believe this is broken, please can you fix this Standand Bank.

KurtW
Occasional Contributor

Is it me or can we not do a booking for a date on eHomeAffairs for Standard Bank Kingsmead? payment is done for my sons ID but when booking a date nothing is available, after I have tried with different browsers, logged in all times from 5am-11pm, cleared the cache and site data; changed dates manually even to 31/01/2024; still unable to book anything since 29 January 2023.

(This after the eHomeAffairs website not working, or the OTP not working or both; you phone the helpline and they say netowrk problem....)

@standard Bank  - Anything you can do as my son needs his ID Card and we cant even make a booking; am I able to go to the Kingsmead branch and ask for assistance?

JT001

Applied for my daughters passport online, payment made, unable to make a booking.  Walked into the Centurion branch today after my husband and i had to take off work just to be told that we cannot be assisted as we do not have a booking.  The branch was quiet yet they would not assist.  I informed them that in this community forum it was mentioned that individuals were assisted as walk in's.  Well, i was told that they are not interested in a private community forum, they do not want people forming lines outside their doors and will not assist if there is no booking.  Very sad indeed as they were not busy at the time.

Candice83
New Contributor

I will try that, however I did phone HA and she said they are experiencing issues (sigh) and to try during "quiet" times...  Which I have tried and it doesn't work either.  

Will try clearing data and cache and try again over the weekend.  

Super frustrating as I didn't have this with my application which was with the other bank a week prior to applying for my husband and daughters passports via SB.  Logged in, got times, submitted and no issues so this has been a very frustrating experience.  

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Candice83.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

This certainly sounds like a frustrating experience.

Please try to use a different web browser and clear your data and cache.

If the error continues, you will be required to get in touch with Home Affairs directly for assistance.

Kindly let us know if you managed to place a booking.

Best regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Candice83
New Contributor

I have been been trying to get an appointment since last week and one day the site is down, then I get as far as the booking (have selected branch, date and time slot) click submit and then get a message saying 'i Warning'.  I have even changed branches, to no avail as I still keep getting the same message. Beyond frustrated!  

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @danielamarziale.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Yes, it is possible to get a booking.

Please try it and let us know if you manage to place a booking.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team