Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
danielamarziale
New Contributor
Did you ever manage to make the appointment in the end?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @SVWYK17.

ID and passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page at dha.gov.za.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check for available dates 2 - 4 weeks in advance.

Please ensure that when selecting dates, they need to be manually processed and not automatically selected from available dates.

Should you still have issues with bookings, please contact DoHA for further assistance.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team

SVWYK17

Good day,

I have been trying to make a booking at the Centurion Branch on the DHA for weeks now, but nothing is available.

This is a false statement stating that available dates will be on the site as nothing is ever available. Or has the DHA services at the Centurion branch closed, in which case the Standard Bank Website needs to be updated to reflect this?

renlev
Occasional Visitor

Hi there Sal2, did you manage to just walk in without an appointment and be seen to for biometrics etc - without having made an appointment at the bank branch online? Have been trying to make an appointment online for hours to no avail!

Sal2
Occasional Contributor
Walk into any participating branch after online application and payment to have biometrics done
Sal2
Occasional Contributor
Hi, I was having issues making a booking at standard bank kingsmead. I called the home affairs contact centre today. I was assured that I could walk into the home affairs office at participating banks and have my biometrics done. They have issues with the booking. You can also go into any home affairs branch after completing online application, no prior appointment needed.
Andrisha
New Contributor
Did you have any joy as yet?
I am having the same issue.
Andrisha
New Contributor
Hi,
I would like to know how the investigation went, as I am having the exact same issues.

I am unable to get an appointment at the Kingsmead branch. Phoning is of no use, just keeps on ringing. Emails probably don't get read either.

When making the booking in the DHA site, it states that the bookings are not at capacity, but I am still unable to get an appointment.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @JacquesD.

Thank you for informing us of this; it is very concerning.

We would like to conduct an investigation regarding this.

Please send us an email at [email protected] and share more about this.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

JacquesD

Hi 

The slots are sold out to agents. Getting a place within six months is nearly impossible - the result is that you lose your money. 

The bank should make this clear - especially that having this service in your branches is nothing more than a scam. Moreover, applying for a passport should only cost you the costs of the passport - but if you want a slot, you need to fork out another R500+ to an agent. Bit of a mafia state, and the bank should be ashamed to be linked to this. 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @carterpainters3.

On the home affairs website, applications for ID and passports are handled.

You must visit one of our partnering branches for biometric collection and processing after we have just assisted with the payment procedure.

Please go to dha.gov.za to view the home affairs page.

The website also includes a list of the bank branches.

You can look up available dates two to four weeks in advance.

I hope this clarifies your query.

best regards
Fana. Team from Standard Bank.

carterpainters3
New Contributor
I need to know why is it taking so long for me to get a time slot for my id 8410190281082
carterpainters3
New Contributor
Hi i have made a payment for my id on the 12 November 2022 but i cant get a time slot and i need my id asp for work
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Samantha14.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page at: dha.gov.za.

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

You can check from 2 - 4 weeks in advance for available dates.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

Samantha14
Occasional Visitor

Hi 

I was told when my husband went personally to home affairs that bookings need to be done at 6.00am in the morning. I have tried at least ten times now and still no luck. this is so frustrating and no one answers the phone at Home Affairs!

thanx

Sam

ReaperZA

Has anyone been able to get a booking for Passport Biometrics at Kingsmead?  Checked availability as far forward as possible and no bookings are available.

shazy04
New Contributor
I have tried that for standard bank kingsmead it did not work. I have also tried booking an appt for umgeni home affair also no appt. Now what do I do????
Bothma77
New Contributor
If you enter the dates manually and not use the calendar this works. A lady from Home Affairs talked me through this and it worked 100%
Saffron
New Contributor

Hello,

I did resolve the issue, by selecting the Standard Bank branch in Mitchell's Plain and manually entering the dates. I secured an appointment which was just over 2 weeks away. 

I am due to visit the branch next week. 

Good luck. 

SJLHA
Occasional Contributor
I did exactly the same recently. Gave up with Standard Bank. Three weeks ago or so made an appointment at Home Affairs for biometrics etc. all done within an hour.

After 1.5 weeks I received an sms for ID. After 2.5 weeks received an sms
For passport.

I went to Randburg to collect yesterday. Service was excellent. My only issue was there were no signs to advise of 60 and over can does not need to queue. Same if one has a baby. I embraced my age and after hearing this in the queue I walked to the front and was immediately let in as I am over 60. If only I had known.

I went at 1.30. Queues were minor both times. I’m told it’s best after 2 pm.

The only complaint I have is the closing of all windows as well as the door at the collections room. There was zero social distancing and it was like a sauna. I understand the reason to control random people trying to jump the queue but cannot understand why the door and all
Windows are closed. This is not a good idea.

Kudus r Home Affairs. Things have improved. I do hope within the next year or so they can get all the issues sorted so we can do this through the banks.

Many people I chatted to were in same position. Either could not get the cash through or mainly could not get an appointment