Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Passport Booking at Kingsmead Durban

Solved
JGJVisser1964

No, this does not resolve the issue.  The address you gave is for Home Affairs, which should be 350 Umgeni Road.  The question is does Standard Bank still provide the service, and if so why are there no booking slots available online?  I have used this service in the past and the satellite Home Affairs office was right next to Standard Bank.  Does service this still exist yes or no? 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @ArvindH.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Bookings have a limited number of people that will be accepted for that day.

Please ensure you are there at 8:00 when they open.

The address is:

• 50 Umgeni Road, Greyville, KwaZulu Natal 4023, South Africa
  • [email protected] 031 308 7900

Please let us know if the information above was useful to you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

ArvindH
New Contributor

Good morning,

I have completed my Passport application on the DHA Ehome website.

However, since Friday, 2024/01/12, I cannot obtain a booking date and time, to visit the Kingsmead branch for my finger prints to taken.

Each day I have been logging in to the website, and go to the booking section, the date range changes, but there is no available time slots.

My question is, is there another way for me to book to have my finger prints taken at Kingsmead?

With regards,

Arvind

ShawTho
New Contributor

Thank you Nonzuzo, I will give it a try tomorrow and hope i can get a slot (fingers crossed) otherwise, home affairs is my next option really.

Nonzuzo
New Contributor
• Don't click on the calendar
• Manually type the date 2023-10-23
• Make sure you book your profile at 06:00 am daily
• During the day there are no dates available for the day.

I went to Kingsmead this is what they told me. Hope it will help
Nonzuzo
New Contributor
• Don't click on the calendar
• Manually type the date 2023-10-23
• Make sure you book your profile at 06:00 am daily
• During the day there are no dates available for the day.

I went to Kingsmead this is what they told me. Hope it will help
ShawTho
New Contributor

I did select the date from the 24th of Oct to the 17th of Nov and both Home Affairs and Std Bank Kingsmead don't seem to have any dates available yet Std bank is suppose to make things easier for their clients but we are told to go to Home Affairs

JayN
Occasional Visitor

Hi Fana,

My daughter (over 18 years old) has made a payment for her passport and needs an appointment for biometrics.

We cannot seem to get an appointment anywhere using the online portal.

Is there anyway we could get a manual appointment.

Please message me.

Kind regards,

Jay

prenellekrishna
New Contributor

Hi there, I hope you are well. Have you managed to get a booking for your passport? 

I am experiencing the same issue. 

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Amanda68-55 

It is so disheartening to receive such feedback.

This is not how we want our loyal customers to feel. We regret that we did not meet the expectations and completely understand how frustrating this process is for you and your grandmother.

The home affairs staff facilitates online bookings based on capacity for that given day.

Appointments are confirmed only if there are open slots.

You may make a manual appointment by first selecting your branch, then your date range, then your date.

Select to and manually select your date from the calendar pane. Then click the next button. If there are no open slots, this may imply that there are no available slots for the given date.

As a result, you can pick a date or a different branch.

We hope you find the information given useful.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Amanda68-55
Trying desperately to get a booking at Home Affairs Standard bank, KINGSMEAD. None available at all yet other offices around the country have a number of spaces- Joburg included and appointments for Friday and next week too!!
My mother is 84 and just had a hip op, it’s her passport I’m trying to renew. All done and paid for online.
Seems the only way to get one in Durban is through an agent? And now they are booking from 18th July - Why is it that they can make bookings? Is the system faulty?
She travels in August and it is now EXTREMELY URGRNT. Any light on this would be wonderful.
Cliffm6652

It would be much appreciated if Standard bank personnel could assist & facilitate appointments with Home Affairs. It is totally frustrating to attempting to obtain an online appointment with Home Affairs after making the necessary payment for a passport via STD BANK. As advertised Standard Bank is partnering with Home Affairs to assist STD Bank clients with Smart IDs & Passport applications. However i do not see any Bank personnel assisting with the process. What is the Way Forward for the expediting the process, being a client of the bank for 35 years years.

NICWATTS

This is a service offered by Standard Bank to its clients partnering with the Dept of Home Affairs - it is clearly non functional so please Fana (of the Standard Bank Team) do your job and fix it - do not pass the buck & tell your clients that they should go deal with Home Affairs after they have already completed the process, and  paid their money for this service - you deal with Home Affairs on behalf of the your Bank and sort the problem out. 

If you, and by extension the Dept of Home Affirs cannot resolve this issue, then shut it down with immediate effect and please stop saying that you are just a facilitating the process.

Thank you

PaulJ00
Hi Fana,

Can you confirm that the online booking system for the bank branch is working? I have not seen a single available time after trying to book for several weeks.

Additionally, the DHA offices no longer seem to accept applicants without booking through the BABS system. Again, there are no bookings available (for any date) in the greater Durban area.

Having already submitted and paid for a passport application, it now seems impossible to complete it.

Can you offer any solution? It really shouldn't be this difficult to fulfil a simple civic function!

Thank you.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @JLErding.

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

The best course of action is to get in touch with them personally or go to Home Affairs for help if there aren't any open dates on their website.

If you can, try to avoid picking specific dates and pick an open date that falls within a range to check if you won't pick up an item that's available; possible date for you to make biometrics reservations

Please let us know how this turns out.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

JLErding
Occasional Visitor
Hi Fana,

We are flying in to SA on 4th May and have done everything required to apply for a new passport online (including payment to DHA), but we cannot obtain a booking at Kingsmead Branch for 5th of May on the system as no bookable slots are shown for Kingsmead Branch. Is it possible to get a booking slot at Kingsmead Branch on 5th May without using the online facility?

Any support in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jenny Scannell
Nomz89
Hi Neela. How did you manage to get an appointment?
CaraNiebuhr

Hi, 

Getting a booking for this branch is worse than trying to buy a hot deal on Black Friday.

Can anyone tell me if the issue with passport bookings to the Durban Standard Bank branch have been resolved? I already paid for the service and don't know how to continue. I mean, I can't book further than a month ahead, but clearly there are never any bookings available within the available daterange. 

Evareddy22
New Contributor

Has there been any developments with regards to timeslot bookings?

This has been an ongoing issue for months.

I have emailed Mbongeniseni(Kingsmead branch manager) on several occasions - no response. The reason we chose to use this avenue is to avoide going to the Home affairs branches. Are there still biometrics & photos being done at Kingsmead? If walkins are not allowed, who is benefitiing from this, if we have been unable to get dates for months now? 

Rish_Singh

Dear Team,

Has there been any further update to this?

I have tried for several weeks with no success!

I have spoken to my banker and still there is no progress - This is quite disappointing as we went this route to avoid the madness at DHA Offices and now we are forced to go to Home Affairs - Why offer the service if its never online at Kingsmead?