Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Honouring fee

Solved
vsthabs
Visitor
I have been charged R132 hounering fee..I don’t know the reason for this charge..Can you please reverse this fee as it is unacceptable and unreasonable 😡😡😡
Go to the solution >
13 REPLIES 13
Thandotiie
New Contributor
I see there’s an honouring fee for 1300 how ridiculous is that
Bee15
I was charged honouring fee 2 times this month not knowing what it is for as all my debit orders went of successfully. 132 honouring fee and 89 Honouring fee. Every month I have the same problem..
MNls
Hi

Was your issue ever resolved? This is ridiculous
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @MNls.

Thank you for reaching out.

Honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card while you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

Honouring fee is charged when you are swiping your card and when the merchant is debiting your account for a transaction process days, weeks or months before.

Under narrative (description of transactions) for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact date of the transaction.

Should you suspect it as fraud. You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on available balance as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way it’ll make things a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Luya95
I also was charged that and it makes no Sense whatsoever and needs to stop now. My account is up to date. How do i reverse this?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @vsthabs.

Honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card while you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

Honouring fee is charged when you are swiping your card and when the merchant is debiting your account for a transaction process days, weeks or months before.

Under narrative (description of transactions) for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact date of the transaction.

Should you suspect it as fraud. You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on available balance as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way it’ll make things a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Fisiwe
I have been charged R136 for honouring fee, can I reverse that cause I really don't understand how I got there.
FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @vsthabs.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

SihlangoAdmire
I'm over charged R100 of honouring fee .over the passed days i DDnt use my card to buy anything without the card having money Nd the honouring fee dont have the date of which I purchased without money in my account
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @SihlangoAdmire.

Thank you for getting in touch.

We have shared how honouring fees works and what steps to take in order to track a specific transaction that led you to be charged the fee.

We have tagged the message that explains how honouring fees works.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Life_67
I'm charged honouring fee every month even though I am not able to purchase or use the account when I have less money in my account than the purchase price by cents.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there, member.

An honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card while you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

An honouring fee is charged when you are swiping your card and when the merchant is debiting your account for a transaction that occurred days, weeks, or months ago.

Under narrative (description of transactions) for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact transaction date.

Should you suspect it to be a fraud? You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address, and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged an honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on the available balance, as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way, it’ll make it a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team.

mashududanie
I have been charged honouring fee when I swipe my card on tollgate example if I swipe for R75 in tollgate the bank will charge honouring fee for the same amount so it will be R150 per one transaction times 4 so it's R300 for tollgate and R300 for honouring fee charged by the bank and ncr said its against the law so guys call ncr not ombudsman let you be referred to ombudsman by ncr