Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

EHome Affairs

Solved
NuriB
New Contributor

i have also just called the home affairs department.. and manually added the dates. yet again, this did not work. Can someone from Standard bank please confirm whether there are actually slots available between 2023-07-31 to 2023-08-31 ????

NuriB
New Contributor

hi,

i have tried changed my browser to microsoft edge and typed the dates manually on different days at different times and am still getting the following. 

• No time slots available. Please make anonther selection.

Is there another way of making the booking? or are there really no available slots at Canal Walk?

Can someone from Standard bank please contact me directly.

This is very frustrating!

JenvR
I have been unsuccessful for over a week, in trying to book an appointment online with any Standard Bank Branch. Must we simply go to the Branch without a booking as time is running out ...
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @RehanaH.

Thank you for coming back to us.

For any issues with bookings, you're welcome to contact the Home Affairs Call Centre at 0800 60 11 90 for further assistance.

Please let us know if they managed to assist you.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team

RehanaH

Hi Fana, 

I have been tryingeveryday for the past week to make an appointment for passport applicationa either at 6am,  just before or after and i still get the message :"no available booking branches". Is there a recommended time you can suggest i do this? And after how many attempts do you think i will eventually get a booking?

I went into the branch yesterday and a lady said she just kept applyng everyday and she eventually got an appointment after 3 months, which is absolutely shocking. 

Are tere any other tips you can sugggest or do i just keep attempting every single day?

Regatds,

Rehana

Rkam

@TCM21 wrote:

@Suzi4  @Boipelo23 

Thank you for the responses.  I managed to book an appointment at Canal Walk today once I changed browsers on my pc.

Originally I was using Chrome but now tried Edge.  @Suzi4 Hoping this can help you as it helped me.

Hi there @TCM21 , did you receive a confirmation of booking letter/email for download? It says on the eHome Affairs site that we need to bring the letter with, but I managed to get a booking online but no letter and the Standard bank branch never answers the telephone and its impossible to get through to Home Affairs

Suzi4
Occasional Contributor
I finally managed to come right after following this suggestion from @Boipelo23: 1. Select the latest date

2. Manually remove the date

3.Then add the date you would like to book, the page will load the available times for you.
Suzi4
Occasional Contributor
Hi there, thank you for the suggestion, I evenutally got a date when I followed these steps suggested by @boipel23;1. Select the latest date

3.Then add the date you would like to book, the page will load the available times for you.
NuriB
New Contributor

Mitchells Plain does not show up as an option.

have been struggling to make a booking for the past week  -keeps on sayign no bookings available at Canal Walk.

please help!

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hello @TCM21 

Thank you for getting back to me.

This is great news. I am so glad that everything worked out.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

TCM21
New Contributor

@Suzi4  @Boipelo23 

Thank you for the responses.  I managed to book an appointment at Canal Walk today once I changed browsers on my pc.

Originally I was using Chrome but now tried Edge.  @Suzi4 Hoping this can help you as it helped me.

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @TCM21 

Thank you for coming to us.

Please check Mitchell's Plain, Western Cape, South Africa as an alternative for bookings.

If the previous steps from my previous message were not successful, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Select the latest date

We hope this was useful.

Kind regards,

Boipelo. 

Standard Bank Team

Suzi4
Occasional Contributor

I am prepared to go on any day and am choosing all available dates highlighted - I cannot select another branch as the site does not allow this option.

If they are booked up for the available dates, why do they not make more dates available?

I am now going to try and book at a DHA actual branch, which I was trying to avoid in the first place. Calling Canal Walk and no one answers, been trying for 3 days

Suzi4
Occasional Contributor

I have done all of the above - when I select dates, it keeps telling me no appointments available - I have tried all the highlighted dates, only a few dates etc, everytime the same answer.

No one asnwers at phone at Canal Walk Standard Bank DHA either so I am stuck in a very frustrating loop.

Going to try and make an appointment at a DHA branch instead

TCM21
New Contributor

Dear Boipelo

Hope you are well. 

I am experiencing the exact same problem that @Suzi4 (below) was experiencing.

I have followed your exact instructions as follows:

• After filling out the application and generating a reference number,
  • I proceeded to make a payment to my MyBills.
  • I returned to the home affairs website to look for a date.

The payment says it is successfully completed on their website.  I clicked to allow any date between 1-29 July as these were the ONLY and FULL amount of days I could select.  Then it says "no time slots available".  

In Cape Town, the ONLY standard bank I can go to is the one at Canal Walk as that is the ONLY option available.  Even when I click "see available booking branches" on the booking page, it states "no available booking branches".

I am unsure what to do from here as I require my new ID and Passport with my new married name. 

Please may I ask you to advise?  Is it possible that the entirety of July is already booked?  And if so, why can I not just search for a day after July and make this booking? 

Thank you

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Suzi4 

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

I recently applied for a passport.

Here's what I did:

• After filling out the application and generating a reference number,
  • I proceeded to make a payment to my MyBills.
  • I returned to the home affairs website to look for a date.
  • There are low-lighted and highlighted dates.
  • I selected all the highlighted dates shown to me, and it gave me available days and time slots.

Kindly follow these steps, and if the branch selected does not have dates, then select a different branch closer to you to see if there aren't dates.

Please let us know if the information above helped you.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Suzi4
Occasional Contributor

I have paid the R600 for my child to apply for a passport and now cannot get a booking at Canal Walk Standard Bank, must I just keep trying every day (been 3 days already)? Every time I put in the full date range available it says "no bookings available"

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, members of the community.

The home affairs staff facilitates online bookings based on capacity for that given day.

Appointments are confirmed only if there are open slots.

You may make a manual appointment by first selecting your branch, then your date range, then your date.

Select to and manually select your date from the calendar pane. Then click the next button. If there are no open slots, this may imply that there are no available slots for the given date.

As a result, you can pick a date or a different branch.

We hope you find the information given useful.

Regards,

Fana.

Michele11

Having now played around numerous times with dates, I cannot access available timeslots.

Date range: End date 30 June | Emd date 31 July |End date 31 Aug | End date 30 Sept | End date 31 Oct - all with message "No timeslots available"...

To confirm, payment has been made.

I urgently need to get my passport done for business travel purposes (previous was stolen).

penemeniere

I made payment via pay my bills last night and still cannot access an available appointment.

@CharmaineS wrote:
I couldn’t find a booking either, until I “played around” with the date ranges. For example- Instead of searching from the first available date to the last available date, try selecting a specific month- e.g. 2023-06-01 to 2023-06-30 . When I did that, there was suddenly loads of appointment slots available…

Please advise, I urgently need to get my Smart ID and Passport.