Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Binance

Solved
12 REPLIES 12
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Marcus-kelly.

We'd like to assist.

Please tell us how you would like us to assist you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Marcus-kelly
Occasional Visitor

After completing the verification process, my payments to Binance encounter issues, and Standard Bank cited the involvement of the Reserve Bank.  Dog Injury Lawyer

SabrinaCarolyn

My payments to Binance fail after verification; Standard Bank mentioned the Reserve Bank's involvement. Houston wrongful death attorney

SuzzaneIllac
Occasional Contributor

My payments to Binance fail after verification; Standard Bank mentioned Reserve Bank's involvement.  MyCenturaHealth 

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mic123 

We apologize for the trouble this has brought about.

Please be aware that  cryptocurrency exchange intuitions are not supported, which may be the cause of the block and the inability to complete transactions.
Please be aware that our Card Payments Team has changed all cross-border online transactions involving cryptocurrency to decline.
Following are the requirements for the change:-

1. MCC code: 6051

2. All international transactions made online will be rejected.
3. Items: debit (MasterCard and Visa), check, corporate card, and credit card.

You can speak with Binance using the link below to discuss other alternatives for using the platform to accept and send payments using crypto currency.

https://www.binance.com/en/chat

We hope this has provided clarity.

Mic123
Occasional Contributor

Hi

This post is marked as Solved.   It is not Solved.   I have tried various avenues including this address.  [email protected]  

No one bothers to answer on this email address.

Mic123
Occasional Contributor

Even if you link you bank account within Binance with Standard Bank, I can see my bank details within the Binance app.  But deposit fails.

All my Standard Bank cards and linking does not work.

Why is the functionality there if it is not working?

And you are correct, spending how long on the phone with the Standard Bank Call centre, and no-one knows about Binance.

Aura666
New Contributor
It seems that Standard Bank support is not equipped with this knowledge to assist us members. BINANCE al so accepts the following banks, Absa, FNB, Investec, Nedbank and TymeBank. Perhaps one of these institutions might be willing to assist our needs.
Aura666
New Contributor
I am sorry to say that I have been on calls for hours with Standard bank, Friday, Monday and Tuesday with no success. Not even online banking banking department or Forex department has heard of Binance.
Aura666
New Contributor
The same thing was told to me as well, but this blocked happened in July 21 that has no relevance for what is happening now.
Mic123
Occasional Contributor
I am also blocked from making payments to Binance.
The transaction goes through the entire verification and then just fails at the end.
After phoning Standard Bank card, they said it is blocked by the Reserve bank???
ReneilweM
Solution
Contributor

Good day,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Is there a specific error you are receiving or a reason why you were blocked? We would like to have a closer look into this.

Please reach out to us on [email protected] or send us a DM on our Social Media platforms along with your details and a screenshot of the error you were receiving when trying to make the transfer so we may have a closer look into this.

Regards,

Reneilwe

CheslinEngel
Occasional Contributor
Why am I blocked from transfering funds into my Binance account and how can it gain access?
Go to the solution >