Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Failed Payment but money taken

1 REPLY 1
Thokozile_M
Community Coordinator

Hi @shalommarimi,

We will need to do a follow-up on your query. Please do reach out to us on our email [email protected], or reach out to us via Twitter on StandardBankZA, Facebook on Standard Bank - South Africa or call us on 0860 123 000 with your query reference number so that we can help look into this.

Regards,

Thokozile.

Standard Bank Team

shalommarimi
Occasional Visitor
Good day

Please assist. On the 12 June I made a payment of R3960 through internet banking, this payment was successful which I am happy with. I then made another payment of the same amount of R3960 within minutes. Which failed but money was taken from my account, I attempted to make another payment of R495.00 which failed but money was taken out of my account. I visited the bank and made calls since then. My money is still not returned to my account. I have called SBSA and was told to wait 48 hrs on the 13. I called again on the 20 and told to wait 48 hrs with an escalation number. Been to the bank twice already.