Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Home Affairs Standard Bank Canal Walk Booking

Solved
Carey1
Please help... I Hage tried booking through home affairs online for standard bank canal walk and no matter how I manually type the date format I cannot get a booking... everything is complete, ID and passport have been paid through Standard Bank website.
I am completely at a loss.
Go to the solution >
44 REPLIES 44
helen74

I have completed the online information and uploaded everything for home affairs for my son's first ID.

However I cannot get a booking at all for canal walk. I have been checking every day for 2 weeks but no available appointments. What do I do?

FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hello @helen74.

Thank you for reaching out.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page to get more info at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

Wolfred19
New Contributor

Good day

I am unable to contact your Branch.....no telephone number and the DHA number goes unanswered.

Please advise if I have to be a client of Standard Bank to make use of this facility at Canal Walk branch?

I am banking with Absa.

Regards

Wolfgang

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Wolfred19.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

You don't have to be a customer of Standard Bank. However, in order to make a booking, the application process necessitates that the applicant be a customer of ours.

You can ask a relative who already has an account with us to help you with the application.

Our Internet banking is used to complete the payment.

We hope that this clarifies your question.

Best wishes

Fana

Team Standard Bank.

Shuaib_cpt

I am experiencing this as well. it does not even allow one to make the booking past 30days from now. So I can accept all current slots are full, but then you dont allow future bookings. I am sorry but your response of you just facilitating the process for Home Affairs is not an acceptable response, as many also highlighted the phone number listed just rings and no one answers. You promote the service on your website and also take payments via your Bank, so you cannot then turn around and say you cant do anything about the challenges YOUR CUSTOMERS experience when trying to make a booking.  At least answer the phones if nothing else remove the phone number and state you not able to provide any additional assistance. Then its clear and we know not to bother.  I am so disspointed that I made payment now already as my wife an FNB client did hers and my daughters application and it went smoothly.   I choose Canal Walk as that was my preference but alas its no seems like this was not the best decision for me.

lp4
New Contributor

I'm also very frustrated regarding this.  I've tried phoning the Canal Walk branch so that I can make a future booking, but there is no answer.  I've also already paid. Will someone from Standard Bank please advise us as to how to get a booking please?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @lp4 and @Shuaib_cpt.

We are so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you.

While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust, we understand how frustrated you must be.

We will be raising this with our leaders and conduct an investigation with regards to bookings.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or comments, or if we may be of assistance at any point in the future.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

lp4
New Contributor

Thank you Fana.  I would really appreciate your assistance regarding this matter.  I am still struggling to get an answer via telephone at the Standard Bank Canal Walk branch.  All I want to do is make a booking for biometrics.  

standardbankArg
New Contributor

I am too trying to do my home affairs biometrics at a bank branch but are running into the same issue.I have tried all listed phone numbers for the branch, I have phoned standard bank customer care and they have put me through, but the number just rings and rings..Booking an appointment online on the DHA portal does not work..I have done my application online and paid DHA through standard bank but cannot book to do biometrics.

I struggle to see how this issue has been listed as "SOLVED" when months later from the original poster posting, nothing has changed and one still cannot contact the bank directly.

standardbankArg
New Contributor

I've now made a booking...It seems DHA's website is bugging out, even unable to login anymore. It is very frustrating not being able to speak to a human being and recieve assistance from the bank branch, or DHA, where one must make a booking, home affairs customer service numbers are permanently "network overloaded" and the phone numbers listed for the bank branch by DHA do not work or rather never get answered.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @standardbankArg.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

I recently applied for a passport, and I had no issues getting a date for fingerprints.

Here's what I did:

• After filling out the application and generating a reference number,
  • I proceeded to make a payment to my MyBills.
  • I returned to the home affairs website to look for a date.
  • There are low-lighted and highlighted dates.
  • I selected all the highlighted dates shown to me, and it gave me available days and time slots.

Kindly follow these steps, and if the branch selected does not have dates, then select a different branch closer to you to see if there aren't dates.

Please let us know if the information above helped you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

KarenHuman
I went to Canal Walk and told them I cannot make an on line booking . A very unfriendly adviser hand me a paper and say I must try at midnight. I tried twice now and only received my OTP number to log in 6.00 the morning 6 hours after I tried to log in
Tanya87

This board shows solved but it is April 2023 and I am experiencing the exact same issue. I eventually decided to rather attempt to book through Prominade Mall. It takes you as far as selecting a timeslot. When you confirm the booking, a warning message pops up. No details what is being warned against, simply "Warning". Clicking OK takes you back to the page which requests that booking confirmation. And so Im in a "Warning" "OK" purgatory and still unable to confirm my booking. This is literally the only reason my children and I bank with Standard Bank. Please help!

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi Tanya87

We recognize how frustrating this must be.

The alternative is to make a direct support request on the Home Affairs website of your area.

We do not have an ETA on this because Home Affairs is still working on the issue at hand. We are certain that they are aware of it.

If you require any additional information, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Our team looks forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,

Boipelo

The Standardbank Team

MMuller
ThePieInTheSky
New Contributor

Hi There

I have followed this exact process and am not able to get a timeslot for Standard Bank Canal Walk.

Here's what I did:

• After filling out the application and generating a reference number,
  • I proceeded to make a payment to my MyBills.
  • I returned to the home affairs website which shows the Status of the payment is "Complete Successfully"
  • I then move on to look for a date.
  • The Standard Bank Canal Walk branch just returns "No time slots available. Please make anonther selection."

Any suggestions on how to get a booking date?

Kind regards

kruash01

Good morning Home Affairs Std Bank

I have made an online payment for the passport 2 days ago (8 July) and it still has not reflected as the status says "bank acknowledgement received". I am not able to make a booking until this says successful, however, it says that payment should have taken 10 minutes to reflect. What is my next step? Should I cancel payment request and try again?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @kruash01.

We are grateful that you brought this to our notice.

Please let us know how you processed the money so we can help you more effectively.

Did you utilise MyBills when you were banking online?

We hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team