Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing an EFT

20 REPLIES 20
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Aneza.

Thank you for reaching out. 

Our charge backs team should be able to assist with reversal of EFT payments. 

Attached is a form you need to fill and forward it to the below email. 

NB:

• Fee R292.55.
  • It’s not guaranteed.
  • Turnaround time is 10 business days. 

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further. 

I trust this resolve your query.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Aneza
I want to reverse money taken by paysettle
Frederick64
New Contributor
I want to knw if i can reverse a eft payment after 3 months because i paid for the item but never received it.i did talk to a lawyern nd nw whn i go see him to find out hw far is the case they tell me he left 2 months ago nd he took everything nd nw i cant get hold of him.nw i need to reverse my money pls
Mbhele
I want to reverse money taken by Bayport
Tyrapillay
New Contributor

Hi 

Have you managed to reserve it? Please explan how i can do this as i made a payment to the wrong number 

Samndlovu0
Occasional Visitor
Since when an EFT can't be reversed?
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello diana,

I apologise for the back and forth, I need you to resend the email to ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za. On the subject line please include : Community Matter (diana). I will then ask the team to help resolve this matter. Again, I truly apologise for the inconvenience.

diana
Occasional Contributor
Hello it is impossible that you guys can take so long to help me get my money back its is now 2 months and no one has given me any feed back! I will be taking this to hellopeter!!
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi diana,

I have, I am still investigate this matter, I will come back to you with feedback.

diana
Occasional Contributor
Hello, me again and still not any help from no one at standard bank!! It is now a month i am waiting for help! No one called or emailed.!
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

I have escalated your query to the consultant who monitors the mailbox.

diana
Occasional Contributor
Hi
Yes i did
I still have all the emails i send.
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

Did you add the 'ask' for a[email protected]? I have escalated your query to the consultant who is monitoring the email address I supplied to you.

diana
Occasional Contributor
Isnt there another alternative email , as this email you gave there is no service whatso ever!!! No one has even ansered me at all!!!
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning.  Please forward, query, contact details and ID number to ask.SBSA@standardbank.co.za. One of our consultants will investigate your query and contact you via email.

diana
Occasional Contributor

Good day

You know i emailed the email you provided, they emailed me once and still nothing...i went into the bank 2 weeks back ,stood in a que for almost 2 hours the guy that helped me says he did a recall,..and the money was supose to be in my bank by now!!!! Im gettin very fed up! Can someone on this comunity chat please help as i desperatly need my money back!!! i am definatly not goin to que again for nothing! its pathetic i am a customer for years so please someone help or im cahnging banks!!

diana
Occasional Contributor

Good day

You know i emailed the email you provided, they emailed me once and still nothing...i went into the bank 2 weeks back ,stood in a que for almost 2 hours the guy that helped me says he did a recall,..and the money was supose to be in my bank by now!!!! Im gettin very fed up! Can someone on this comunity chat please help as i desperatly need my money back!!! i am definatly not goin to que again for nothing! its pathetic i am a customer for years so please someone help or im cahnging banks!!

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Note that the bank re-allocates the account numbers should one close their account. It is possible that the funds are deposited into a wrong account as you have mentioned already, because if this was into an incorrect account number the system would have returned the money back into your account automatically. You will have to cancel the EFT or email us your details on:  [email protected] so that we can investigate this one for you further.

diana
Occasional Contributor

I have by accident made a eft payment to a account that my friend closed 3 years ago, Is there a way to reverse this as i need to pay that money to another account number please help.

And i am working Mon-Fri till 6 , please advise i need to fix this.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Good day

An EFT cannot be reversed. You may contact ABSA to enquire if they can contact the account holder and recall the funds from them. 

Regards,

SBSA