Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Honouring fee

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning Milton11.

We would like to have a look into this.

Please email us at [email protected] with your personal details so we can assist further.

We look forward to your email and will assist further with your dissatisfactions.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Milton11
How can you charge honoring fee in Account that was not used and never do transactions without enough funds its.

If it's I would like to to close this Account immediately
Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nompumelelo5 

Thank you for getting in touch,

We can understand how frustrating this experience has been for you.

Kindly note that honouring fees are charged when you process a transaction and do not have enough funds to cater for that transaction. Merchants take 2-3 days up to 6 months to bank their transactions. Furthermore, funds need to be available and enough to cater for these transactions. Once a transaction is banked and there are not enough funds in your account to honour the transaction; an honouring fee will be charged because the merchant will already be paid. The fee will be equivalent to the transaction amount if the transaction is below R100.00 and will be R132.00 if the transaction is over R100.00.

Please ensure that you cater for all your transactions and fees once you are debited to avoid any penalty fees that will charged.

We hope this provides clarity.

Kind regards,

Boipelo 

Standard Bank Team

Nompumelelo5
I have been charged R100.35 honoring fee and has been going on since last year and I have been ignoring it but all this money that's going out of my account is not it. Please reverse my money. I want it now I'm sick and tired of watching my money vanish from my account without me using it. REVERSE MY MONEY.